Vic Tankersley

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
rondupree
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Dupree
MTFCA Number: 22940
MTFCI Number: 15830

Vic Tankersley

Post by rondupree » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 pm

I just saw in the Tennessee T's newsletter that Vic passed away last November. We really enjoyed touring with Vic and Lori. Anybody have any more details or link to his obituary? I couldn't find anything.

Ron Dupree
Ron Dupree

Don D
First Name: Don
Last Name: Demio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T
MTFCA Number: 27167
MTFCI Number: 20405

Re: Vic Tankersley

Post by Don D » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm

An announcement in a Tennessee T’s Club email on 11/20/18 from our president stated - With great sadness I am letting you know that Vic Tankersley, passed on Monday, 11.19.2018, after a partial knee replacement.
Our prayers go out to Lori. May he rest in peace.

Dom

rosenkranswa
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Rosenkrans
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touriing
MTFCI Number: 22021

Post by rosenkranswa » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Very sorry to hear that, our thoughts go out to Lori. Almost bought a car from them after the Winter Tour a few year back.

George_Akin
First Name: Hobart (George)
Last Name: Akin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring 1914 pickup 1925 coupe 1923 touring
MTFCA Number: 20889
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16527

Post by George_Akin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Ramona and I met Vic and Lori at Kanuga in Hendersonville, NC. Vic was new to the hobby when he brought his beautifully restored Four door sedan to the Blue Ridge Mountains. He quickly became an expert at driving a T on mountain roads.. It was Lori who was smitten with the Model T. They had previously only driven A models. The T was now their tour car of choice. Over the past 5 years I learned to appreciate Vic as a skilled mechanic. Vick had a very dry sense of humor and a strong belief of doing the right thing. Vic will be greatly missed.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Terry
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Tourabout, 1914 Runabout, 1915 Touring, 1916 Speedster, 1925 Speedster, 1926 Hack
MTFCA Number: 32295
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by BRENT in 10-uh-C » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 pm

George_Akin wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:59 pm
Ramona and I met Vic and Lori at Kanuga in Hendersonville, NC. Vic was new to the hobby when he brought his beautifully restored Four door sedan to the Blue Ridge Mountains. He quickly became an expert at driving a T on mountain roads.. It was Lori who was smitten with the Model T. They had previously only driven A models. The T was now their tour car of choice. Over the past 5 years I learned to appreciate Vic as a skilled mechanic. Vick had a very dry sense of humor and a strong belief of doing the right thing. Vic will be greatly missed.

I met Vic in February of 2012 when he brought his Tudor Sedan (-before it was converted into a Sedan Delivery) to my shop to have some upholstery and top work done. Below is some pix of his car back then, --which I must confess I did not care for the color at first, but it did kinda grow on me. During our conversations he said he might like to buy a Model-T and to let him know if I ever saw any for sale. I walked into my office and then gave him a copy of the current MTFCI magazine showing him in the classified section where Steve Hubert had a Fordor for sale in Michigan. That was the car that Vic purchased and he then had it painted, reupholstered, and brought up to his standards. The first T tour I remember seeing them on was the Winter Tour the last time it was in Daytona. Geez it was cold on that tour and they definitely had the right car for that tour!! I concur with others that he will be missed.
Attachments
IMG_8093.jpg
IMG_7646.jpg
IMG_7640.jpg
IMG_7588.jpg
IMG_7533.jpg

DanTreace
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Treace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '23 cutoff, '25 touring, '27 touring
MTFCA Number: 4838
MTFCI Number: 115
Board Member Since: 2000

Post by DanTreace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:39 pm

We met Vic and Lori on many tours, and visited at their home last spring. Really at a lost for Lori too. Great couple.

Here is Vic at work on the sedan, on tour he developed that common loose exhaust pipe pack nut. He had tighten it several times but keep spitting exhaust as the nut backed down.
IMG_2205 (1280x960).jpg
His nicely restored sedan has all the nice accessories too, needed to get that nut tight.
IMG_2204 (1280x960).jpg
So lucky I had radiator clamp in the supplies and handed it to Vic, and he got in and cranked that nut tight and snuggled that radiator clamp against it.
IMG_2209 (1280x960).jpg
Was hot work, even with gloves as we had been running all day on that 2014 tour.

Vic was a terrific fellow, I am missing him on our T tours.
The best way is always the simplest. The attics of the world are cluttered up with complicated failures. Henry Ford
Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain. Henry Ford

rofirestone
First Name: Roy
Last Name: Stone
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Touring--1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 23830
MTFCI Number: 18986

Post by rofirestone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Vic will be missed by all that had talked with him a few minutes. I had been on several tours with Lorie & Vic & his last one in October. I enjoyed him telling about the day their first Model T arrived at their drive way.
Wishing Lorie the best.

J1MGOLDEN
First Name: James
Last Name: Golden
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Model T Roadster
MTFCA Number: 14294
MTFCI Number: 13562

Post by J1MGOLDEN » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 am

Vic and Lorrie attended the Florida Winter Tour last year.

He bought the Stromberg OF carb I donated for the fund raiser sale.

We visited quite a bit on the tours there and at the dinners.

Late last year I tried to contact him, with no luck, to see if he had used the carb.

Another friend told me he heard Vic had passed away.

I could not find an obit for him, but I did find it was a common name with many Internet hits.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic