Petit Jean swap meet update and pictures

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Petit Jean swap meet update and pictures

Post by dobro1956 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:23 pm

Sorry to take so long to post the pictures from last weeks Petit Jean swap meet. I guess I do not move as fast as I used to :( :( . As to weather, the swap meet was probably the best I have been to in years. The temps were in the 80s during the day and 50s some of the nights. In 40 years of setting up as a vendor at Petit Jean I can only remember one other time that was cool and nice like this time. And, the only time I remember that it did not rain during the entire week . It did rain a little bit Sunday morning when we went back for the camper, We had to close the windows on the trailer and get a extra blanket a couple of the nights. Not many T parts this time but I did find a few goodies ... There was a man who had a trailer load of T parts for "free" The sign said "you must take it all"... The trailer was about 18 foot long or longer that was stacked about 3 feet deep with frames, rear ends, front ends, springs, some fenders, firewalls, running boards and brackets, oil pans, steering columns, and several boxes and buckets of small parts. The trailer was very full.. It lasted about 5 minutes before there was a taker... One of the swap meet workers who lives on Petit Jean mountain took it home with him. He is a car guy so maybe it will not be scrapped ... I got a picture of the sign and empty trailer but by the time I made it back to the trailer with my camera, the parts were already gone..... Here are some pictures of the Ts I got pictures of.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
Last edited by dobro1956 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
dobro1956
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring

Re: Petit Jean swap meet update and pictures

Post by dobro1956 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 pm

The early chevy was a nice car so I had to show a pic of it ...
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

Topic author
dobro1956

Post by dobro1956 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 pm

I thought the windshield shade looked cool.... A picture of our spaces and some pictures of the treasures I found ...

11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG

MWalker
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Walker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Roadster Pickup
MTFCA Number: 314
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by MWalker » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 pm

You're right about the weather, Donnie. I can't remember any time when it was that nice. It rained early Sunday morning before we got up, but not on us while driving home, which also is unusual. All in all, a great time.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:31 pm

Very cool Don!
I gotta say that's a nice Chevrolet!
Gawgeous T's of course. :)
Thank you!
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Topic author
dobro1956

Post by dobro1956 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:11 am

Vendor count seemed to be up just a little bit. There were some empty spaces but that could be because of all the flooding of the Arkansas river affecting some of the local vendors. Saturday crowd was a little smaller. Seemed like the "lookers" or "tourist type" of crowd was smaller. Again this could be because of all the flooding. Saturday crowd has always been mostly locals and families. We did very well as to sales. Sold more than double the amount that I needed to sell to be happy. My two buddies also sold very well this year. Overall it was a very nice swap meet. Just, very few T parts.

The tool cabinet and the gas/oil/water can set were my two best finds. The tool cabinet is dated to feb 1928. The inventory insert has a lot of the T prefix tools listed, so it will be able to store my model T Blackhawk tool collection ...

The week long stay on the mountain is starting to wear me down more each year, but health and god willing, Ill be there again next year ... :)
16.JPG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic