Fan Pulley Hubs

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Fan Pulley Hubs

Post by ModelTWoods » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:41 am

On the improved cars (and possiibly trucks) some factory flat tube radiators were used. I thought these were two row core, but the Encyclopedia says the thinnest core radiators were three row. I know, by far, the thicker round tube care radiators were more prevalent, which raises this question: two different fan hubs were made and used; one with the fan mounted close to the pulley, and one with an extended snout. Common sense would tell me that the thinner the core the farther extended the fan would have to be from the pulley groove, and if the longer extended groove pulley were used with one of the thicker core radiators, that the fan could actually touch the core. Am I right, or wrong?

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: Fan Pulley Hubs

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:00 am

I believe that is what I have heard before. But I never had much "improved" Ford cars or parts. I think I may have one of the longer pulleys however. Someone told me years ago they were worthless because everybody put on better radiators and had to change the long pulleys for shorter ones. That was what I was told.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic