It finally happened, I lost one

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
thom
First Name: Tommy
Last Name: Coffey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Touring

It finally happened, I lost one

Post by thom » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:24 pm

I knew the day would come. The wife and I took our '21 touring somewhere and people were looking it over and asking questions about it. We were both busy talking to them when someone noticed the oil burning lamps. When we went to check out the tail-light the font was missing. I watched the sides of the road all the way back home, making sure to come home the same way we went, but no luck. I found a complete lamp on E-bay the same day and ordered it. It has now arrived and is exactly what we needed, and in great shape. At least we now have spare lenses and other parts if we ever need them. I will make SURE I get those things back on good and tight from now on! :oops:

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Re: It finally happened, I lost one

Post by Steve Jelf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 pm

It's bad enough when parts fall off. It's worse when they get run over before you can retrieve them. :(
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

RajoRacer
Last Name: Tomaso
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1919 Centerdoor, 1924 TT C-Cab Express, 1925 Racer
MTFCA Number: 14972
MTFCI Number: 15411
Board Member Since: 2001

Post by RajoRacer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:07 pm

Or - run over your own headlight rim & lens !!! The lens made it to the ground and was in one piece until I hit it with the rear tire - oh crap !

Topic author
thom
First Name: Tommy
Last Name: Coffey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Touring

Post by thom » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:44 pm

RR, I can't help but wonder, how did you know the lens was in one piece 'till your rear tire hit it? Just asking?

RajoRacer
Last Name: Tomaso
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1919 Centerdoor, 1924 TT C-Cab Express, 1925 Racer
MTFCA Number: 14972
MTFCI Number: 15411
Board Member Since: 2001

Post by RajoRacer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Good question: my wife heard it hit, then looked - we we're in a parade - it rolled right under her side back wheel !

Scottio

Post by Scottio » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:01 am

My Roadster had wind wings and the right hand side fell off going down the road. I retrieved it without any damage but it fell off again a few months later only this time it exploded upon contact with the street. I don’t know why only that one would fall off but someday I hope to find a match and put them back on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic