Removing Posts

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Hal
First Name: Hal
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)
Board Member Since: 2005

Removing Posts

Post by Hal » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:45 am

There used to be a lot of complaints on the old forum about moderators removing entire threads because of one offensive post. It seemed at the time, that the general consensus of the forum was that only the offending post should be removed so that any valuable information within the thread would be retained for posterity. Makes perfect sense to me, and it appears the moderators have begun doing just that. However, the unforeseen problem is that if responses or comments have been made regarding the offending post, and the offending post is removed, the responses and comments are now completely out of context, leaving others to wonder what they are about. On other forums I am a member of, when individual posts are removed from a thread, there is a note left in the place of the removed post saying something to the effect of "This post has been removed by the moderator" or something like that. This makes it clear to others later that a post was removed and gives some clue about why some later responses were made. I would guess that this software has that capability, but have no idea how hard it is to do. I would respectfully request that if it is not too labor intensive, that the moderators leave a note in the place of the removed post saying it was removed.

Thanks,

Hal Davis

Victor Borg
First Name: Victor
Last Name: Borg
MTFCA Number: 35213

Re: Removing Posts

Post by Victor Borg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Hal i agree with you entirely.some time back there was a post about efforts to move away from gasoline powered cars (which seems like an unreal nutso idea to me) and there were some really shocking facts about things actually seeming to be gaining support in Califunny (surprise) and other areas.i made a post after reading with no small amount of disbelief on what i was reading that was disparaging to the tree-huggers behind this movement and the next thing i knew the whole damn thing was gone.a shame,i believe,because there was a lot of info and background contained in the many,many posts that were lost,some of which came from people that sounded like they knew what they were talking about.

AdminJeff
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Stevenson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50006
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by AdminJeff » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:14 am

Noted. Very rarely do I remove posts.. mostly spam if it’s reported. in the most recent case, it was requested by the original poster. And making those notes is a pain...

AdminJeff
Assistant WebSite Admin
1921 Model T Touring, 1930 Model A Roadster
Voltage Regulators, Starter & Generator Repair
www.modeltregulators.com
www.modeltstarters.com

Topic author
Hal
First Name: Hal
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Hal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 am

Thanks for considering it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic