Kelsey loose lugs

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Russ T Fender
First Name: Val
Last Name: Soupios
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '10 touring, '12 touring, '13 hack, '14 runabout, '14 touring, '14 speedster, '22 centerdoor, '27 touring

Kelsey loose lugs

Post by Russ T Fender » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:26 pm

I have some Kelsey loose lugs that are unmarked and some identical Stone lugs marked 44 C. I understand that the Stone lugs are aftermarket. Does anyone know if these are correct for the Kelsey clincher rims on my '22 Centerdoor. The car is in Florida and I am heading down there next month so I am not sure if what I have will work. Thanks

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Re: Kelsey loose lugs

Post by Allan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Val, I collect loose lugs and flanged nuts, sandblast them, clean up threads, have them electro zinc plated and offer them for sale. I have found a number of different markings on the U shaped pieces, perhaps half a dozen or so. As long as they are physically the same, they will do the job. You need a lot to choose from if you want a matching set of 16!

Allan from down under.

Topic author
Russ T Fender
First Name: Val
Last Name: Soupios
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '10 touring, '12 touring, '13 hack, '14 runabout, '14 touring, '14 speedster, '22 centerdoor, '27 touring

Re: Kelsey loose lugs

Post by Russ T Fender » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Thanks Allan. I have 12 matching lugs that are on the car but one rim is a Hayes with fixed lugs. The spare is a Kelsey rim and I want to start using it in place of the Hayes so I just need 4 more matching lugs. Hopefully the ones I have will match. If not there's always Hershey! My problem is that I can't access the car to make sure I have what I need and I have become painfully aware of how many variations there are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic