Wide Track Model T ?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Vrayfoster
First Name: Victor
Last Name: Foster
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Touring
MTFCA Number: 16395
Board Member Since: 2002

Wide Track Model T ?

Post by Vrayfoster » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:21 pm

I was overhauling the engine of my 1915 Touring car and when the car was back together I sent friends a pix stating done. One of the guys came back and asked me if my car was a wide track to which I answered no, absolutely not. Obviously I didn't have a clue! Today, out of curiosity, I looked up wide track and then measured the front wheel spacing. If I had the wood spoke bowed front wheels on, It would have measured 60". What, I've had a wide track car for 25 years and no one including me knew that! I dug out the picture of my car being rescued out of a field in 1941 and the wheel to fenders spacing looks just like they do now. My wheels still run at the outer edges of the fenders. The front fenders were hand made during the first restoration in about 1941 and I always assumed they were made wrong. To make it more interesting the car was assembled and sold on the central coast of CA.

pre15dale
First Name: Dale
Last Name: Kemmerer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 touring 1911 open runabout

Re: Wide Track Model T ?

Post by pre15dale » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:40 am

I have a pair of 15 wide track front fenders in case t hat might interest you

Dan Hatch
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Hatch
MTFCA Number: 49974

Re: Wide Track Model T ?

Post by Dan Hatch » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Measure center of kingpin to center of hole for spring perch. Standard 56” Ford Axle is 7&25/32”. Wide Track will be 2” more at this measurement. I have 3 Wide Tracks now and have others. Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic