Hershey First Timer

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Mountainrider
First Name: Neil
Last Name: Haywood
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 roadster

Hershey First Timer

Post by Mountainrider » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:34 pm

I have never made it to Hershey. I was looking at some of the old air photos. Is the swap meet really that big. This might be the year that the wife and I make it.

John iaccino
First Name: John
Last Name: Iaccino
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Roadster, Open Runnabout
MTFCA Number: 17802

Re: Hershey First Timer

Post by John iaccino » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Be prepared to do a lot of shopping. There are over 9000 booth spaces.

Ed Fuller
First Name: Ed
Last Name: Fuller
MTFCA Number: 29582
MTFCI Number: 22818
Board Member Since: 2012

Post by Ed Fuller » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Yes, it is that big.

Don’t expect to see even half of it in one day

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 pm

It takes me three days to cover it. If there's rain one day I don't get to see it all.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Bill Dizer
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Dizer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 coupe, 1927 depot hack
MTFCA Number: 28610
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 2014

Post by Bill Dizer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:32 pm

It is huge although this year,I have heard, due to some construction they will not be using one of the parking lots, so the others may be crowded a bit more. Set up day is Tuesday and you can bring bicycles in to ride around and buy from those who are ready to sell. Wednesday is the opening day, and no bikes are allowed. Wear comfortable walking shoes, and if there is any chance you are buying anything big or heavy, a small wagon or shopping cart is worth it's weight in gold! It is a long way to the parking field! Handicap scooters are allowed and there are some handicap parking lots. It has been said that if you walk both sides of every aisle that you can walk 25-30+ miles! When I have gone, I go Tuesday and ride a bike, and then go back Wednesday because it really fills up with venders overnight. The big name venders such as Coker tire do not sell on Tuesday. The Hershey store and food places with nice toilets are open. Eating a bit early helps avoid the later rush! I have used a light weight walking stick to give me something to lean on when I get tired. A sun hat, and sunscreen help on a warm day. Parking is usually in a huge field across the highway from the meet. It is expensive and if you bring a trailer, they charge double, since you are taking up two spots! The last I heard, about $25.00 each. There is on street parking if you can find it and are willing to hunt for it and walk a bit. Well worth seeing even if you don't need much! A very social event as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic