I need some advice and help into locating some Vintage POLICE items

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
avent40
First Name: Anthony
Last Name: Ventrice
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Ford model t touring
Board Member Since: 2013

I need some advice and help into locating some Vintage POLICE items

Post by avent40 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:58 pm

HI, I own a 1922 Ford Model T touring and want to convert it to a New York City Police car. I found some photos on the graphics which are almost simple to get which I will get magnetic signs made up. What i need is where to locate any Vintage 1920s era police equipment like siren, hand crank siren, Police light, NYPD vintage uniform and other related items. Any information will be appreciated. I happen to be a ex NYPD officer myself and I want to do a fundraisers with my car as a vintage Police car, Thank you and God BLess, Tony

Novice
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring. 1923/26 Open Express. 1920 depot hack
MTFCA Number: 49832
MTFCI Number: 24686
Board Member Since: 2017

Re: I need some advice and help into locating some Vintage POLICE items

Post by Novice » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:07 am

Tony. The Police car owner's club of America might be a place for information. I have been involved in a number of Police car conversions mostly fifties and what I found was Police equipment was hard to come by since in general Police cars and equipment or worn out before they are retired. We found fire dept equipment. lights.siren and equipment was much easier to locate and fire dept equipment is generally obsolete and replaced long before it is worn out and junked. I have been involved in a converting a 1952 Ford on Display Houston Police Dept Museum. and a 1958 Plymouth as well into a period Police car. Current project is a 67 dodge 4dr. Don't know if it will ever get finished. Found most of My stuff on E-Bay some on craigslist.

Good Luck
Jim

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am

Tony,

I have a match set of blue lenses for like the front kerosene lights. They are 1/2” larger than a T, but a good glass shop should be able to wet sand them to size. Let me know.

All the Best,

Hank

Don D
First Name: Don
Last Name: Demio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T
MTFCA Number: 27167
MTFCI Number: 20405

Post by Don D » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Tony,

Here is my 1919 New York State Police Troop Car at the grand opening of the National Law Enforcement Memorial Museum. There is a very active group called the Delaware Antique Police Car Club. They may be able to point you in the right direction. My hand crank siren and spot light were located on ebay.

If you have questions and want to email me your phone number I will reach back to you. ggunrunratgmaildotcom

Best of luck,
Dom
IMG_0639.JPG

KWTownsend
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Townsend
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: late 1911 touring, 1915 runabout, 1919 touring, brass speedster
MTFCA Number: 14778
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16305
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by KWTownsend » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 am

Anthony-
Fire engines of the era used a Sterling Model H hand siren. You might check T-bay or some of the antique fire engine website classifieds.
-Keith

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic