A new wireless turn signal for your model T

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
George Kulisiewicz
First Name: George
Last Name: Kulisiewicz
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 Express , 1924 Chemicle Fire truck
Board Member Since: 2019

A new wireless turn signal for your model T

Post by George Kulisiewicz » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:53 am

I wanted to share a turn signal that I found online that may be a great alternative to wired turn signals. I believe the manufacturer goes by the name Carthree.. I have been searching for a wireless turn signal as I am not really interested in permanently wiring turn signals on my T.... I would rather not put wired turn signals on my T mainly because of esthetic value but I completely understand the safety value and have been looking for a light that I can remove easily with minimal required work and no big bulky turn signal lever bolted to my steering column. Please keep in mind this is my personal preference and I am in no way talking down anyone’s T that has permanent signals installed. In my search I have mostly found bicycle turn signals that are wireless... I wanted to consider several of these manufacturers but in most cases these wireless signals fell short on completing the project the way that I needed... In most cases the lights were only set up for the rear of the bike and not the front and the left and right signals were general made in one unit so separating the lights was not possible. After countless hours searching I one evening I accidentally stumbled across this Carthree manufactured light which has four individual turn signals... these lights are LED and rechargeable... after checking out a couple of reviews I googled the lights but see very little advertisement anywhere except for on Amazon which is currently the only place I have found to purchase them. I decided to spend my $120.00 to try them out... I Want to share my experience in hopes that maybe this might help someone else ... the lights are about 2.5 inches long ... they may even sit nicely in my oil lanterns on the front of the vehicle but that is yet to be determined as I am still waiting to receive them. When I do I wil update this post as to how they perform and if they are worth getting. I will post a link here for anyone that wants to see them... there are a couple videos showing them as well. I have no affiliation with this company or this product I am just hoping to pass on what might potentially be a good alternative to a wired system.
https://www.amazon.com/CarThree-Signals ... way&sr=8-3
8EEBCCB9-E287-4A59-8033-26816E64395A.jpeg
BD2DA9EA-ACC1-4A29-BFB4-EDC2E8E9763B.jpeg

aDave
First Name: David
Last Name: Dufault
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915
MTFCA Number: 303
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: A new wireless turn signal for your model T

Post by aDave » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:30 am

More words about signals here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/70 ... 1493562917

( I can't find it now, but my failing memory seems to recollect instances wherein the Magneto output interfered with some manufacturer's lights, and at least one instance where the magnet 'lost' it's grip to the auto, and the device fell to the wayside).

Will be interesting to see your evaluation of yoours.

Les Schubert
First Name: Les
Last Name: Schubert
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 27 roadster 13 touring

Post by Les Schubert » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:34 am

George
Thank you for the information. Looks interesting

aDave
First Name: David
Last Name: Dufault
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915
MTFCA Number: 303
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by aDave » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:43 am

One more:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/70 ... 1491608424

It has been noted before....when one is curious about 'accessories' for their T, or interested in any aspect of the Model T, Mr. & Mrs. Google are more than willing to research answers for you...simply type your question in the search area and follow it with the letters MTFCA and there will be numerous answers for your perusal. Should there be no answers (very infrequently), use different words for your question.

Example:

wireless turn signals for Model T MTFCA

Happy reading...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic