Concrete Mixer on Model T solid rubber wheels

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Shemp
First Name: Randy
Last Name: Reysen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1920 Touring
Board Member Since: 2018

Concrete Mixer on Model T solid rubber wheels

Post by Shemp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:58 pm

So I know this isn’t exactly about a Model T; however, it is about 3 ½ inch Goodyear solid rubber T sized tires - so it does have something to do with Model T’s.

This Remmel concrete mixer was built in my hometown of Kewaskum, WI sometime in the mid-1920s and is powered by a 3hp Stover gas engine. My grandfather got it from his uncle, who lived in Kewaskum and bought it new to use for his construction business. According to the family story my great-great-uncle hauled this to Milwaukee (45 miles south of Kewaskum) on a number of occasions to pour concrete sidewalks for customers - long trip! My father did the initial restoration on the unit back in the 1970s, used it on a number of projects and then retired it to our local historical society - until yesterday. My good friend and historical society President, Bill Vrana, and I pulled it out. There are a number of casting broken or repaired so I intend on pulling them off, JB welding them together, filling in pits or grinding off welds, and sending them off to the foundry in Rice Lake, WI to be recast in ductile iron. We are re-restoring this mixer to be one of the center-piece artifacts displayed next summer when the Village of Kewaskum celebrates its 125th anniversary. So here is the question/favor/request - the trucks it rests on have 3 Goodyear solid tires and one unnamed tire. In a perfect world, I could find a matching set of 4 “really nice” tires to replace the 4 “fair to poor” ones. Knowing that might be impossible, I would settle for 1 matching 3 ½ inch Goodyear. Does anyone have any leads??? If there are none to be had then I was thinking about having new ones made. I see on other posts there are two places - one in Ohio and one in Minnesota - do they make tires to match what you bring them or do they have their own design. Also, any idea how much they cost??? Thanks, everyone!

Randy

The black and white photo is NOT of our mixer but a smaller unit - photo was taken outside the company's main entrance in Kewaskum.
Attachments
output(1).jpg
20190921_151954-768x1024.jpg
20190921_151505-768x1024.jpg
20190921_151515-768x1024.jpg