Electronic Ignition in a Bosch Distributor

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
jhartner

Electronic Ignition in a Bosch Distributor

Post by jhartner » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:39 pm

I have a Bosch distributor with the points and condenser riveted into a metal cup which slides down into the distributor housing. My car is loosing power when it warms up. I changed the coil and that didn't fix it . I think it may be the condenser that is bad. I bought a condenser, however, it appears as though the condenser is below a metal cover and attaches to the points with a metal band. The condenser I bought is round with a wire and "U" shaped connector. I was thinking about installing an electronic ignition but the ones that I have seen are mounted on a metal plate with one screw to attache it to the distributor. If I use the electronic ignition that I have seen available, I'm not sure how or where I should attach the electronic ignition plate, there is nothing below the metal cup and the metal cup is only about 1/32" thick so if I were to remove the points and condenser from the cup I am not sure how or where to attache it.