Model TT door alignment

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Dwright
First Name: David
Last Name: Wright
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Model TT truck

Model TT door alignment

Post by Dwright » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to model T's so first off thanks for allowing me to join. I acquired a model TT cab and got some doors in decent condition and hung them, however I can't get them to shut all the way. The doors are little too tall towards the b pillar and hitting. Any suggestions on door alignment? Heat and bend hinges?

Jeff Hood
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Hood
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Touring, 1923 Fordor, 1924 Martin Parry Canopy Express, 1925 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 25636

Re: Model TT door alignment

Post by Jeff Hood » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Pictures of your cab and doors would help. Model T bodies and frames are very flexible. Is your cab mounted on a frame now? Make sure the frame is level, flat, and square and the cab mounts are level and square. If it is not on a frame now, you still need to have the mounting pads or brackets level, flat, and square before trying to make the doors fit. If the doors are hitting on the top (roof) and not the "B" pillar, I would first try shimming the upper hinge at the "A" pillar before bending anything. Use paper, cardboard, pieces of aluminum can, anything for trial fit. Shimming the upper hinge will lower the rear top edge and move the rear edge closer to the "B" pillar. While shimming, only work with the top and bottom hinges with and others not bolted up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic