Sometimes you get lucky

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
nsbrassnut
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Lee

Sometimes you get lucky

Post by nsbrassnut » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi All

Sometimes third try is the charm. I've been trying to get a correct Canadian black and brass '15 right hand tail light for while.

Try number one, rusted out body with no chimney or top. Try number two, closer, but the brass top was cracked and damaged. Then by accident one turned up on Kijiji (Canada's Craig list), but 1000 miles away. First try I think they though I was a scammer. Then I found out it was a few miles from my brother. Second try with his help we got it and it arrived a few days ago.

So here is a rare one. A Clasco No. 9, right hand black and brass kerosene tailight, in good restorable condition.

Drive Safe
Jeff
Nova Scotia
Attachments
Clasco RH Tailight Top.jpg
Clasco RH Tailight side.jpg

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: Sometimes you get lucky

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Most impressive! I like unusual early lamps on model Ts. With all the different manufacturers, I wonder just how many different tail-lamps Ford used for the '15/'16/'17 models?

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Re: Sometimes you get lucky

Post by Allan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:33 am

Great find Jeff. I was lucky to have the tail light for my 1915. Finding one missing sidelight was not so difficult. If anyone you know needs a pair of fork mounted electric headlight buckets, I have a pair, with most of the original black paint still covering the inside.

Allan from down under.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic