Best way to value our 1927 Model T and place to list it for sale?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
celbii
First Name: David
Last Name: Gibb
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927
MTFCA Number: 7688
Board Member Since: 2019

Best way to value our 1927 Model T and place to list it for sale?

Post by celbii » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Howdy from Oklahoma y'all,

First off I want to thank everyone on this board as the archives of it have been a great resource to me in finding information about our Model T and quick info on fluid changes etc as I get ready to prep my late grandfathers 1927 Model T for sale.

Just curious at this point A) if there are any sort of resource guides out there to help determine the value of our T and B) the best place to list it for sale? From my understanding alot of these T's end up being somewhat one-off's over time and modifications so its sometimes hard to compare one to another and as far as listing places I was planning to put it on BringaTrailer as I've sold a couple cars there before but their process is lengthy and from start to finish takes around a month. I'm trying to move a few cars out of our shop (Just our MG and Quasar race car left at this point) over the winter as I finish cleaning it up and making some room, so I just thought I'd see if theres a preferred place to buy and sell T's that isn't just throwing it to bringatrailer.

I'll attach some pictures so you guys can see her!

Cheers and thanks y'all!

(engine cover is off in the photos)
Photo Nov 24, 5 14 38 PM.jpg
Photo Nov 24, 5 14 31 PM.jpg

walber
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Berdan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '18 Speedster had 25 touring and 26 coupe
MTFCA Number: 16421

Re: Best way to value our 1927 Model T and place to list it for sale?

Post by walber » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Speedster values can be all over the place depending on what has been done to the car and of course the current condition. If you don't know what it's worth and are looking for the most money for the car - put it on EBay but only after getting some good detailed pictures and any information you can find on the body (looks like an Armadillo out of Oregon) and any performance options. Show the car here and on the various FaceBook pages and include a link to your EBay ad. Let the market set the value with the auction.

Harry Lillo
First Name: Harry
Last Name: Lillo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedsters, racers, depot hack, coupe
MTFCA Number: 13996

Post by Harry Lillo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm

You have a desirable combination of features you will want to feature such as the body (as Walt points out) and also the wheels and Model 20 E&J headlights. These headlights alone can bring over $1500. There are likely other features that don't show up in the pictures.
Nice speedster!!!!
Harry

Topic author
celbii
First Name: David
Last Name: Gibb
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927
MTFCA Number: 7688
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by celbii » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Thank you guys for the info, it does indeed look like an armadillo body. My grandfather paid $13,900 for it back in march of '05, no idea if that value has stayed the same or gone up or down a bit, though looking around I'd guess its mostly stayed around that ball park so I'd be fine around there. I've taken some more pictures and did a start up video and a walk around video and emailed the admin about paying the $20 fee to post it on here. I don't have facebook but youre welcome to share it there once I post it up here if you'd like. I'll include the walk around video and the start up video for now.

Walk around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NxMV_0 ... e=youtu.be

Start up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHzn2Px ... e=youtu.be

Thanks again!

David

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:15 pm

The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic