Enguiring about a 1926 Roadster, ex Douglasville, GA

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Luke
First Name: Luke
Last Name: P
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926

Enguiring about a 1926 Roadster, ex Douglasville, GA

Post by Luke » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:25 am

Hello from a long time reader, but new poster to the forum.

I have the good fortune to own a 1926 Roadster that originally came from Douglasville GA to New Zealand in about 2012 or thereabouts. It was sold via Streetside Classics of Atlanta, possibly on behalf of Henry (Doug) McClain of Douglasville.

I understand Mr McClain had some work carried out on the car during his ownership but other than that I know little about its history. In an email from his son he said it just 'turned up' at his dad's place one day, and that he didn't know much more :-)

Sadly Mr McClain senior is no longer around to tell me about the car's history, hence my post here. Although it's fairly long shot I thought I'd try calling out via this forum to see if anyone might have heard of my car while Mr McClain had it, or possibly prior to his ownership? From what I see Douglasville isn't a large place so, with luck, it's possible a reader here may know someone in the area who might be able to assist me in my quest to find out more?

I'd be much obliged to anyone that could help.

Thanks, Luke.