another reason

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
RichardG
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Grzegorowicz
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 T pickup

another reason

Post by RichardG » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:09 pm

one more reason to LOVE THE -T-FORD, my other ford is a sport trac, love it too but, the last few weeks its been freezing me out, so i picked up a thermostat ,gauge was a little on the low side, talk about a mean location, with age comes your fingers, used to have three joints, seems now i have one,in each and they don't seem to hold things like they used to. got the job done , took four hours, went for a ride, gauge went up to normal but still no heat, core plugged? nope, grab'd the hoses, one cold, where in helk IS THE WATER VALVE, took glove box out ,not there,would you beleve its in back of and below the altinator, where you have to remove that and the air filter upper half and the big tube that runs to it, and the squeeze type clamp tangs are on bottom where its next to impossabl to get at them, well I worked through that mess, the shaft that opened the valve was aluminum and it rotted away, nice and hot heat, now my 21 ford don't even have a heater and it and warms me in the cool morning and on a hot day i wish i could turn it back a little.but i'm not going to complain, she gets by with a lot less and does a fine job of it too. TO EVERY ONE OUT THERE IN MODEL T LAND A VERY MERRY CHRIST MASS AND A SUPER NEW YEAR.