watching parking at the holiday excursion

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
thom
First Name: Tommy
Last Name: Coffey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Touring

watching parking at the holiday excursion

Post by thom » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:16 pm

While watching the videos of the current, and the prior, southern California Holiday Motor Excursions it occurred to me that I sure hope some of the participants can drive their vintage vehicles better that they can park them. Next time you watch one see what I mean. :shock:

ewdysar
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Dysart
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1916 Touring, 1927 Runabout

Re: watching parking at the holiday excursion

Post by ewdysar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Other than the overcrowding from having to park in a county park parking lot that was open to, and occupied by a number of modern cars in addition to the hundreds of participating antique vehicles, I did not notice any difficulties that were worse that a regular visit to our local Target or Home Depot. Parking went fairly smoothly, leaving for the tour was a bit aggravating, as I ended up somewhere back around the 200th car in line. Of course the tour portion was only open to the ‘32 and older “stock” vehicles, the hot rods and newer antiques were not officially part of the tour (see Larry’s post in the other thread). But I agree, that Jay Leno didn’t try very hard to park well (could have been the mob of people that surrounded his car for his whole drive around the lot to his eventual parking spot). And it would have been nice if the ‘20’s era Rolls Royce that blocked me in had been able to find it’s own spot... :roll:

Perhaps the tours in your area that have hundreds of participating cars have worked out better logistics...

Keep crankin’
Eric

Aussie16
First Name: Warwick
Last Name: Landy
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 LHD USA Touring 1916 RHD Canadian Touring 1916 Pickup

Re: watching parking at the holiday excursion

Post by Aussie16 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Could you please post a link to the video of the most recent event? Always good viewing and lots of nice T's and other cars there. Thanks,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic