Chad_Marcheese
First Name: Chad
Last Name: Marcheese
MTFCA Number: 26904
Board Member Since: 2005

1923 Doodlebug with plow and skis

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Up for sale, my 1923-ish T doodlebug.
$4750, located in the Capital Region of NY.
IM or email: crazydart400 AT yahoo DOT com
If interested, lets talk.

If you've subscribed here long enough, you know this and what I started with. This is one of the best T doodlebugs on the east coast and has gotten used for work and play alot since I've owned it. I have made it into one of the most dependable, use any time anywhere 'bugs on the internet. Lots to go through, and keep in mind when I say something is new, it has been aged to look old and most of the build was concentrated in the 2015-2017 area. Some of the mods were done back in the day and kept as is

Drivetrain is a stock engine, tight rods, has a '22 number on it (can not register it though as it is in use in NY), it is a replacement block. It has the earlier trans and three dip pan. An outside oil line via the bendix cover has been added. oil screen was added (modified to keep some oil out of the 4th main). Fun Projects brake light switch. Fun Projects 26-7 plastic wood coil box, 4 rebuilt coils with new capaciters, new plug wires, timer, harness, plugs. Generator refurbished and had a Fun Projects regulator on it until late last year when it stopped working--Gen is still working good though. Refurbished starter, and all new 2/0 sized wiring. Lower rad hose heater for those chilly days. Low honey comb radiator still works excellent. New exhaust system was fabricated with a modern muffler.

Has auxiliary transmission behind the T engine (1924 Buick) which then feeds the shortened TT 7:1 ratio rear axle. The rear axle is solid mounted and left as found. The front axle has also been shortened and uses a stock spring with accessory "long spring" brackets, also as found. Tires were new at time of build, has 8x16 R1 lug tractor tires on new wheels and are tubeless. Fronts are 17" modern spare donut tires on 1937, 17" Chevy truck wheels.

Everything electrical on this has been gone through and is new wired (sorry it's not correct clothe wiring). It has a newer repo Ammeter installed, switches are new, taillight converted to dual element for brake light. Headlights refurbished with new sockets and bulbs (reflectors are originals). I installed a accessory main fuse to protect the circuit. As mentioned, the Fun Project regulator recently died, so i have jumped the terminal on the generator to keep it from self destructing. Generator and starter, with switch all refurbished, with all new 2/0 cable.

The "body" was scratchbuilt using steel tubing, and then had Ford running boards used as the decking. The seat was upgraded to a steel framing, with pressure treated boards, the seat tilts up to access the battery and storage area. The license plate on the back is not included-- I need it to register my roadster. Safety triangle mounted for occasional road use.

The skies were found at a swap meet with deteriorated wood, they have new steam bent oak boards that have been aged to look old, and coated with linseed oil for protection. Remove the front outer wheel bearing, remove wheel assembly, install skis and replace front wheel bearing.

The plow frame assembly was completely scratch built by me. Everything except the blade. The blade swivels, and the up and down are manually actuated. Cowbell added, well, because, we always need more cowbell.

Have any questions, please ask. $4750, located in the Capital Region of upstate NY. You must pick up, can possibly do a meet fairly close by (you need to be able to narrow up the ramps on your trailer). I've had alot of fun with it, i think you will too. IM or email: crazydart400 AT yahoo DOT com

Our T Tractor 77.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 78.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 79.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 80.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 81.1.jpg
Last edited by Chad_Marcheese on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese

Re: 1923 Doodlebug with plow and skis

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:05 pm

More pics:
Our T Tractor 82.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 83.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 84.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 84.1.jpg (74.69 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Our T Tractor 85.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 86.1.jpg

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Our T Tractor 87.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 88.1.jpg
Our T Tractor 89.1.jpg

FreighTer Jim
First Name: James
Last Name: Jarzabek
MTFCA Number: 29562
MTFCI Number: 24398
Board Member Since: 2008

1923 Doodlebug with plow and skis

Post by FreighTer Jim » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:53 am

That Is Bad@as Wicked Cool 😎

FJ

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Post by TXGOAT2 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40 am

I'd want to rig up a heater to blow on my feet.....

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 pm

Still up for sale, lets talk if your interested.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic