Model A CONVERSION TRACTOR $1800

Post complete vehicles for sale here

Topic author
Novice
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring. 1923/26 Open Express. 1920 depot hack
MTFCA Number: 49832
MTFCI Number: 24686
Board Member Since: 2017

Model A CONVERSION TRACTOR $1800

Post by Novice » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:24 pm

FYI. Western Mass CL. Incredibly unique 1930 Model A Ford conversion tractor. Made using a 1930s Sears Thrifty Farmer tractor conversion kit, this unit goes far beyond what you usually see with a doodlebug or conversion tractor. The standard Model A frame was replaced by a custom-made I-beam setup. The standard Model A front axle was professionally modified to give it a "high crop" stance and clearance. The plow system (also a Sears Thrifty Farmer product) is fully integrated into the tractor, with all controls located within easy reach of the driver. Decking is solid 1/4" steel plate – as with the frame, everything is “over built” on this machine. Steel rear wheels are in good condition as are the drive pinions and bull gear. A power takeoff (PTO) made from a Model A Ford rear end is attached to the front and is in constant drive from the crankshaft. Built in the late 30s, it spent most of its life inside (condition shows that) and was exceptionally well-maintained. The engine runs well and the transmission shifts nicely through the gears. The carburetor could use a rebuild. Radiator is a period aftermarket "honeycomb" style. No noticeable leaks, but could use a good cleaning. Equipped with period accessory Rocky Mountain brakes.I have been working on Model A and Model T cars, trucks and doodle bugs for over 40 years and have never come across anything quite like this one; it is a marvel of Depression-era engineering. Selling only because I am out of room and would hate to see this one sitting outside. Price is $1800 or BRO. If interested, contact me by email through Craigslist with you name and phone number and I will call you.do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers. https://westernmass.craigslist.org/grd/ ... 95377.html
Attachments
00j0j_4QfMdKlZjGH_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00D0D_aApVAyU6Db6_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg