Topic author
Ron Patterson
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Patterson
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

For Sale: Two Rebuilt Model T Ford Starting Motors-Can Deliver to Chickasha

Post by Ron Patterson » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:29 pm

I rarely have unsold rebuilt starters on the shelf ready to ship, if you need one now is the time to act as they won’t last long. My normal turn around time for rebuilt starters is 6 months.
The price is $375 each plus UPS shipping. These are fully rebuilt units and not patched up junk. Every part has been removed, inspected and returned to like new operating condition. You can find them cheaper, but you won’t find better workmanship.
Each starter unit has been completely disassembled, rebuilt and tested to original Ford specifications. Includes: brushplate removed from the cap, rebuilt and properly reinstalled with the correct copper rivets, , ball bearing installed in cap replacing the troublesome Babbitt bushing, new mounting bracket main bushing installed and align reamed, the addition of a new oil seal modification installed, armature has been cleaned, straightened, tested and the commutator finished, new terminal bolt and buss bar assembly that has been pinned and silver soldered for added strength. All starter units have re-bushed Bendix drive stop running area. If you would like to see photos of all internal work performed please email me. If you have never had a properly operating Model T starter that produces 12-foot pounds of torque you will be surprised how well they worked when new.
Each unit has been assembled and dynamically tested for correct torque and current draw ratings. Includes cover band. Painted black and ready to install. All you need are tools and a $0.60 gasket. Guaranteed one year. Bendix drive is not included. You will be required to return your old starter core in shipping box I provide.
Ron Patterson
You may contact me at email modeltcoils(at)windstream(dot)net or call 859-881-1677

PAZ
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Pazderic
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 1921
MTFCI Number: 19145

Re: For Sale: Two Rebuilt Model T Ford Starting Motors-Can Deliver to Chickasha

Post by PAZ » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Ron,
I would like to purchase one of your starters.
I will call you tomorrow. This will go on a 1926 motor.
Thank You,
Paz

MAG
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gember
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Touring 1926 Runabout 1926 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 32303
MTFCI Number: 16589
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by MAG » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:37 am

I will take the other starter. I will call you later today.

Topic author
Ron Patterson
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Patterson
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Ron Patterson » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:43 pm

The two rebuilt Model T Ford starting motors have been sold.
Thanks MTFCA Classifieds.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic