Topic author
Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

FS - New Stromberg OF parts

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:40 pm

A funny thing happened with these parts...I made a few for my own use. Made a couple extra and offered a few for sale, and got more response than I had parts. So I made more parts. And after a couple initial sales, the checks stopped. People stopped responding to emails. ZERO ZILCH NADA.

I still have a few of my first run and ALL of my second run left. After tooling costs, grinding cutters and investment in material, I have my $ back, but little else and certainly nothing for my time. What you see below is offered for sale until they are gone and then there will be no more. I've learned my lesson on these things.

Please Email with questions if you are interested. Do not PM me. Thank you.

Float cover Acorn Nuts, vented and non-vented:
IMG_20200225_133630.jpg
Economizer Needle Valves:
Batch of OF Economizer Needles.gif
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Re: FS - New Stromberg OF parts

Post by Dropacent » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:19 pm

I’m very happy with my parts, Scott. A person cannot make 1 for himself cheaper than this. I’d encourage OF owners to take advantage. Do you have a future project set aside? Take a look, these parts are usually missing or damaged.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:22 pm

Nice work as always Scott!

Hank

Topic author
Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Thank you Tim

Coincedentally, I opened YOUR package this AM and am just as pleased with my side of the transaction as you are. Many thanks to you, too.

and Hank, thanks, too.

Always high praise when it comes from capable folks as you all.
Scott Conger

StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by StanHowe » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:50 pm

It's a learning curve all the time.

I just got about $200 worth of taps and dies in the mail, I have every conceivable size in Imperial threads but hardly any in Metric. I've been making adjustable jets for Zeniths lately and all the plugs are Metric sizes. I've been whacking off the old almost always rounded off hex heads, saving the threaded part and grafting new hexes on to them with Silver solder but I've never been real happy with the method.

Most common size on the carb body and plugs is 14 mm x 1, but some are 14 x 1.25, some are 14 x 1.5, some are 16 x 1, some are 16 x 1.25, the bigger ones are either 18 x 1.25 or 18 x 1.5 . It takes a tap and die for each size. So the mail man brought me a package this morning, a little over $200 + shipping.

Probably never sell another set since I now have the correct taps and dies to make any size for Zenith.

On another note, they crucified Jesus and shot Abraham Lincoln. I have a guy who is all bent out of shape because he had to open up the mixture adjustment to get his carb to run on his hand crank car. I had told him it was test run and adjusted on my test engine, which is a Ford 600 tractor with a 134 cubic inch engine similar to a Model A Ford. I have a bunch of adapters to mount carbs on, a stool to sit on and it gets the carb out in the open where I can adjust it. However:

He just "Can't believe that you expect a carburetor adjusted on a ************ tractor engine to run correctly on a *********** hand cranked two cylinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "When you told me it would be test run and adjusted I assumed you had a correct engine to run it on!!!!!"
There was more but you get the gist.

Easiest way in the world to make money. I like it but there are days!!

Well, I'm off to the packing room to get a couple packages in the mail since Ashley is staying home with her kids, then off to Manhattan to pick up two Ruckstells that were going to Chickasha and not setting foot in the shop again until tomorrow when it is going to snow again so I'd just as well work.

Topic author
Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:57 pm

Stan, your guy is funny and very sad at the same time. Your snow tomorrow is going to be our snow on Monday. Flannel-sleeve weather today. Gorgeous.
Scott Conger

StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by StanHowe » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Since things are all shut down here and I do my radio shows from my recording studio at my home, MTPR -- Montana Public Radio -- has asked me to pick up the slack by recording some "Evergreen" shows that they can broadcast if one of the local show hosts is unwilling or unable to come in to the studio to produce their show. Only one other local host and I have production broadcast quality studios where we can produce shows technically good enough to broadcast. (I still record to Mini Disc so I can record both Analog and Digital interchangeably and seamlessly as 78's and older LPs transfer better Analog. I then burn CD's or send MP3's to the Broadcast center) We are on 24/7/365 and in times like this people expect the station to be fully staffed, up to date on news and all scheduled programming to be broadcast on schedule. We have postponed fundraiser week - which was to begin next Sunday the 29th -- which usually preempts a lot of local programming, I go to Missoula to host the Folk Show live, help with some other operations and take a shift on the phones because people will call in a pledge and want to talk to me but all this is changed.

People who have never been in a broadcast facility have no concept of what it takes to put it all out on time, on target, up to date and with (our rules) NO MORE than 3 seconds of dead air during any broadcast program. They also have no idea of all the people it takes to keep this station or any station on the air and on the Internet 24/7/365 with our mountains, snow, etc., etc. But we do. We have not been off the air for more than a minute or two for several years.

The program director will get no sleep for the next couple weeks with all the special news broadcasts, program changes, etc.

So if you call I may be in the studio working. By the way, this June will end 25 years of doing this volunteer gig for Public Radio!

dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Post by dobro1956 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Scott how much are the parts. ??

dmdeaton
First Name: Danny
Last Name: Deaton

Post by dmdeaton » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Scott,
just sent you a email

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic