WTB 1922 tourer sidescreens, brake lever extender and reverse pedal extender. Plus rear luggage rack, towbar, heater

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
classicnvintage1
First Name: len
Last Name: doyle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 tourer 1925 roadster

WTB 1922 tourer sidescreens, brake lever extender and reverse pedal extender. Plus rear luggage rack, towbar, heater

Post by classicnvintage1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:30 am

Hello - I'm looking for a few accessories for my 22 tourer please. I used her a bit over the Winter this year but, I'd like to use her more - especially if lock-down means I lose a lot of driving this Summer. Of particular interest are :-

Brake lever extender - I know I should lose weight. Reverse pedal extender - I know I shouldn't wear boots. Sidescreens - I know I should wrap up! I may buy more than one of each, if the price is right.

I might also buy a rear luggage rack, a tow bar, a waffle manifold or exhaust type heater, cast vent for heater and a hub-puller. I did see a Kunkel exhaust heater on MTFCA some while back - anyone using the remanufactured item who would recommend it and tell me where to get one? I don't mind needing to tidy things up a bit but price needs to be sensible and it is intended to be used not displayed. Although I live in the UK, these items will go to a friend in Assonet, Mass and he will ship on to me in the UK in the rear of a car, which will ship next week. (Model A)

While I'm writing, I would benefit from some advice - I do have an exhaust bypass valve on my shelf. I've sometimes thought about adding it to give a bit of extra uphill power. I'm not looking to race. Is it worth adding one for that reason? It is a tourer, would I risk exhaust fumes in the rear? Do you add a short side-exit pipe to carry exhaust away? Is it going to offend the neighbours with noise?

Many thanks,

Len

W Austen
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Austen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915

Re: WTB 1922 tourer sidescreens, brake lever extender and reverse pedal extender. Plus rear luggage rack, towbar, heater

Post by W Austen » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:44 am

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: WTB 1922 tourer sidescreens, brake lever extender and reverse pedal extender. Plus rear luggage rack, towbar, heater

Post by Mark Gregush » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:49 am

If you are thinking of towing your T, DON"T. Because of the type of engine/transmission the stock T should only be towed short distances at slow speeds with the plugs out and in gear. The exception might be if it has a transmission with true neutral. Also because of the steering, they can't be towed backwards with rear wheels off the ground.
Google "mtfca; towing a Model T"
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +a+Model+T
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Topic author
classicnvintage1

Post by classicnvintage1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:05 am

Thanks Mark, for the advice about towing my T. I'm actually thinking of towing with my T. i.e. pulling a small trailer to allow camping expeditions. It depends on what comes up from this posting, but I'm tempted to DIY it, based on some earlier MFTCA postings and working round the luggage rack. My fabrication skills aren't great though!

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:20 am

Len, if one of these would work, Lang’s and Snyder’s carry them. If you want more than that, let me know. Tmorsher@icloud.com
B2FAD1D9-7707-4347-85C9-94F42EEE497A.jpeg

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:35 am

Snyder’s, Lang’s and other vendors have these in their catalogs or websites. The catalogs are really helpful as a parts and reference guide also. They will usually send you a free catalog if you ask or make a purchase from them just ask.
They can be found on this website on the home page under suppliers.

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Understand now. You are looking for a trailer hitch to tow a trailer not a tow bar.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:18 pm

Len, if you can source a damaged TT radius rod, they were used in the day to make a trailer hitch. Sure better than shipping heavy iron over there. The holes line up to the rear spring clamps. Cut to length needed. Probably a simple brace would be involved.

csnailnrun
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Snellen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912, 1919, 20's FrankenT
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by csnailnrun » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:53 pm

The piece Tim posted is very handing. Simple to instal and convenient operate!

Topic author
classicnvintage1

Post by classicnvintage1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Many thanks for these bits of advice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic