First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

End of year Carb sale list

Post by StanHowe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:16 am

Bought several carbs lately.

These are not rebuilt yet but pricing includes rebuild. Time line is probably mid February, I'm gaining on the pile every day but these are down the list. Good Christmas presents, tho. Show the page to the wife.

I will have photos but I'm dead in the water tonight. Bed time.

1. Stromberg MB-1 Good upgrade carb, fits the T space nicely, needs a little creative throttle rod but easy to put a foot feed on . Ralph Ricks swore by these, I buy every one I can find, this is the first one I've had for months.
$750

2. Rayfield UF. This one could be under the tree but we're getting pretty tight on time. Restored and ready to run, they bolt right on to the T manifold. Run great. 20 minute installation. You'll wonder how you ever ran a stock T carb. Look cool, too. $850

3. Zenith S4BF With the original manifold. This one is close to NOS, I don't think it was ever run much. Like all of them the Venturi is all cracked and falling apart. It will get a new Venturi, my adjustable main jet setup, manifold powder coated if you want. New correct gas line extension. Be ready to tour or go speedster driving.
$850

4. Mayer with the correct original manifold. This is the second generation Mayer, great running, smooth, good power, looks cool but is not a Speedster carb. They are really hard to find that the spring steel plates inside are not rusted through. This one is not NOS but it's as close as I've ever seen. $750

Uncle Stan pays the shipping on these in the US, Christmas present from me. Christmas Specials.

Prices are going up after the 1st of the year

jethro
First Name: Jonathan
Last Name: Bodine
MTFCA Number: 4006

Re: End of year Carb sale list

Post by jethro » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:28 am

Good Morning All:
I have a Rayfield that I bought from Stan a while back. Looks great, runs even better. I highly recommend.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year,
Jonathan Bodine

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:51 am

Thanks Jethro.
Makes you wonder why anybody would run a stock carb after you run a UF. They on my best five list, hard to find. I ran one on my 26 roadster for awhile and loved it.

Here is the deal on this one. I sold it to a hill climb guy several years and two or three hundred carbs ago.
He loved it but is going to a Rajo with dual S4BF's so he sold it back to me.
I should have it in hand by the end of the week, will need to spiff it before it goes back out.
I dunno if I will have time before the holidays to get it done but it could be right after.
I am, like always, just buried in work and am trying to get an 0-3 out that has been driving me crazy. Making parts. Been beat on with a pipe wrench, etc . But it's the original Pierce Arrow carb.

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Stromberg MB-1
100_0494.JPG

100_0495.JPG
Zenith S4BF
100_0502.JPG
Mayer
100_0503.JPG
Rayfield UF
DSCF1937.JPG

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Looks like this Rayfield has found a new home. I have others not yet restored.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic