All 4 SOLD, NOS MotoMeter flip top radiator cap/mascot

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

All 4 SOLD, NOS MotoMeter flip top radiator cap/mascot

Post by dobro1956 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:15 am

I have four NOS flip top "MotoMeter" radiator caps for sale. There was a man at Chickasha that had a couple boxes of these years ago. I had bought most of the good clean ones from him back then. I had thought all of the good ones were gone years ago. But this year they had found another small box of them that they had misplaced years ago. These four are the best of that last box. They are in NOS condition and have no stress cracks. The nickel plating is very nice. They are a very little tarnished but will clean up very easily with a very light steel wool polish, and look like new. All four caps are in the same NOS condition. None are better or worse than the other. They mount to the radiator neck by removing the bail, then put the flip cap on the neck with the included gasket, then re-install the bail. The bail is what holds the flip cap in position. I have used these on several of my cars. I like to install the gaskets with a very little silcone to make for a good seal and hold everything in place very solid. The repro MotoMeters sold by the vendors work very well with these flip caps.

I have shown in a couple of the photos, a copy of an original ad, and one of the caps installed on an old radiator neck to show how they fit. The ad or the old neck is not included.

Ill take 85.00 each and Ill pay shipping in the continental US and actual cost every where else.

I did not think I would every have anymore of these NOS flip caps to sell. So this may be the last of them....

I accept pay pal, check or money order. I prefer pay pal friends and family but check or money order is also OK.

If you want one or have any questions please contact me at the info shown in the last photo. The forum message system is not a good choice for contact as I miss a lot of the messages.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (1).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (2).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (3).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (4).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (5).JPG
Last edited by dobro1956 on Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Topic author
dobro1956
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring

Re: for sale NOS MotoMeter flip top radiator cap/mascot

Post by dobro1956 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:17 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG
name  card.JPG

Topic author
dobro1956

Re: for sale NOS MotoMeter flip top radiator cap/mascot

Post by dobro1956 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 pm

All are sold pending payment. !!!! Thanks MTFCA ......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic