Topic author
Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

For Sale - Stevens T-231 Drive Shaft Bushing Puller

Post by Scott_Conger » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:50 pm

I recently purchased a complete kit and now my single tool is surplus to my needs and thus is for sale. This is not an easy tool to find and frequently has either seized pawls or the spring is broken (or both). I purchased this as a broken tool and wound a new stainless steel music wire spring for it and installed it. It has very "snappy" action now and will slide into the bushing as needed just fine. If for some reason you install your bushing incorrectly, the spring is NOT overly strong, and this will slide into the bushing with no damage to the surface finish and pull it right back out. Nearly all of the original paint is there, and nothing has been beaten on. The tool has been used as one would expect, and the pawls do show some use and there is some dark speckling on the bright part which is shown. It looks worse than it is and I believe would clean up fine with XXXX steel wool and kerosene. I've chosen to leave it "as is" for the next guy to ignore or obsess over.

Yes, you can beat the old bushing out with a pipe, and I can drive nails with a rock, too, but if you value good tools, this is the right tool for the job.

$265 plus postage - SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
Stevens tool 1.gif
Stevens tool 2.gif
Stevens tool 3.gif
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured