Topic author
Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

For Sale - Kingston L-4

Post by Scott_Conger » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:11 pm

Good news: it's cheap (check eBay for cores), I've loosened all of the tough fittings and it's ready to rebuild if you're willing to spend the time. The float valve is grungy but looks to have hardly been used at all (from the maladjusted float, I'm pretty sure it's a virgin or at least was never satisfactorily placed into service). And finally, while the top of the adjustment needle is rusted, it can be cleaned up and the rest of the needle looks to be in very good shape (that's kind of an expensive part for these things).

Bad news: it's a Kingston L-4...I don't much care for them, but some folks love them. Addendum: well, no good deed goes unpunished! I realized that the clamp nut was not loosened and it did not survive the removal. At least you do not have to suffer machining the nut out yourself.

full disclosure: this, like all as-found iron carbs is rusty...you will have to replace the throttle and choke levers and associated plates, as they're toast. The "Kingston" badge is missing and you will undoubtedly want to replace it. It appears to have an NH float which means you will need to rebend the lifting lever to properly mate to the float valve. There are some pits, but the mounting flange surface should be fine and the throttle bore looks OK, too. Since the screws and float valve have been loosened, all the scary, tough work has been done.

$35 to your door
IMG_20210615_133257404.gif
IMG_20210615_133207792.gif
IMG_20210615_133221750.gif
IMG_20210615_133242482.gif
IMG_20210615_133307489.gif
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Topic author
Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: For Sale - Kingston L-4

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:06 pm

On bump and one bump only

I bought it, spent the time to strip it back to a good usable core for someone who doesn't have the capability. After shipping, I will have made $5 for my trouble. There's a reason I don't care for these things and this is one of them.
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic