Found! internal post within the magneto post housing needed - outside oil line setup

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Walt Wise
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Wise
MTFCA Number: 12345

Found! internal post within the magneto post housing needed - outside oil line setup

Post by Walt Wise » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:25 am

I ruined my mag post itself within the center part of the housing. All of my rubber washers/fiber washers for no grounding purpose/nuts are fine. I just ruined the post itself - the part that has the spring/post that goes through the center.

I have bought a new one from Langs and it is installed at a different location at the front of the block than the one I have that came on the car. It appears I am guessing that mine was an original accessory and I base that on the post I found on the Forum below:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/59 ... 1465401085

The post by George n Los Angeles CA, his pic of his magneto post is identical to mine, where he says it was an original accessory, which I sort of doubt, but that is what he said.

From what I can tell, they must have drilled out and made a tap on the front left side of the block for the oil line running back to the mag post. My old pipe/line is twice as big as the new one, not that that would mean it moves twice the amount of oil I doubt.

Anyway, before I gut the center post out of this new mag post, which appears to be the perfect length, I was just wondering if anyone had an old complete or not post I could buy from them. I have posted two pics below of my post housing. There is no way to repair my center post in the housing, I messed it up royally.

Can anyone help me on this one?
DSC00008.JPG
DSC00009.JPG
Last edited by Walt Wise on Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ruxstel24
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hanlon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Touring car
MTFCA Number: 50191
Board Member Since: 2018

Re: internal post within the magneto post housing needed - outside oil line setup

Post by Ruxstel24 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:39 am

Looks very similar to the one on my car Walt.
I have a few hogsheads, I will look and see if any have that on them.

Will_Vanderburg
First Name: William
Last Name: Vanderburg
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 28382

Re: internal post within the magneto post housing needed - outside oil line setup

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:02 am

Here's a complete one from my stash.
Attachments
IMG-1835.jpg
IMG-1834.jpg
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Craig Leach
First Name: craig
Last Name: leach
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 Firetruck/1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 26647

Re: Found! internal post within the magneto post housing needed - outside oil line setup

Post by Craig Leach » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi Walt,
I think I have a new one, I'll look today.
Craig.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic