WTB 08 model S mechanical oiler parts

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
JvanMaanen
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Van Maanen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 15 Touring, 19 roadster, 22 Coupe, 08 SR
MTFCA Number: 373
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 184

WTB 08 model S mechanical oiler parts

Post by JvanMaanen » Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 am

Need some parts for the oiler on my 08 SR. Need 2 of the bleeder bushings part #1248 and one oiler pipe nipple part #1244. Modern pipe bushings are close to part #1248, but threads are cut with too much taper. the oiler pipe nipples have a check valve.

I could also use two decent front spring hangers part #184

thanks Jim

Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100

Re: WTB 08 model S mechanical oiler parts

Post by Hap_Tucker » Thu May 09, 2019 6:18 pm

Jim,

Did you also put a note on the Early Ford Registry forum? I would guess they would be a likely group to have such parts or know where they may be obtained. And they could also put a "Wanted" advertisement in their newsletter.

Also, many of the parts drawings for the Model N, R, S & SR are available from the Benson Ford Archives. The McCord oilers were similar to the coil boxes -- they were an off-the-shelf item that Ford purchased from the outside supplier. But if the part drawing does exist or if you have a sample, a new one can be produced. Lab Threads which is now called Joval Machine Company, Inc at www.jovalmachine.com has advertised in the HCCA Gazzette. And other machine shops can likely reproduce those parts from the drawing or from a good sample.

And for T folks that may a box full of brass nuts & connectors -- you might want to add a photo with the part next to a ruler etc.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off
Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Topic author
JvanMaanen
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Van Maanen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 15 Touring, 19 roadster, 22 Coupe, 08 SR
MTFCA Number: 373
MTFCI Number: 184

Re: WTB 08 model S mechanical oiler parts

Post by JvanMaanen » Thu May 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks Hap:

I did put a post on the EFR forum. I looked for the parts at Bakersfield, but no luck. I do have one original part #1248, and two of the part #1244. Also have some very beat up part #184's and some rough casting, but would like to find some good originals. If I can't find the parts will have to make them or have them made. Just thought I'd give this a try since like you say the McCord oilers were used on other cars and some of the members here have other early cars.

Thanks again Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic