Topic author
MKossor
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Kossor
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Touring
MTFCI Number: 22706

E-Timer

Post by MKossor » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:47 pm

The E-Timer was developed for folks who enjoy driving their cars more than working on them to keep the ignition system functioning properly. Simply replace the stock timer with the E-Timer and enjoy maintenance free operation with the sound and appearance of stock operation but with superior performance. The E-Timer eliminates the special knowledge, expensive tools and mechanical skills needed to install, align and maintain coil points. Still uses your original wiring and stock coils but the coil points are "bypassed" with tiny fuse jumpers; the points still vibrate and buzz but strictly cosmetic. The E-Timer does all the work! Simple battery operation eliminates all magneto variables and restrictions on ignition timing. The E-Timer is an ideal solution for mechanically sound but non-functioning magneto. Superior performance operating on 6V, 8V, 10V or 12V battery with computerized Automatic Timing Advance. There are no timer contacts to wear out, maintain or replace. Imagine never having to clean, adjust or replace coil points or timer ever again!
E-Timer.JPG
Electronic E-Timer: $499.95 Order at: http://shop.modeltetimer.com/E-Timer-El ... -Timer.htm
I-Timer + ECCT Adjusted Coils = Best Model T Engine Performance Possible!
www.modeltitimer.com www.modeltecct.com

Don ellis
First Name: Don
Last Name: Ellis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911,1917,23,27
MTFCA Number: 17946
MTFCI Number: 15366

Re: E-Timer

Post by Don ellis » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:48 am

Hey Mike, Besides running on battery and mag is there any advantage to an I timer over the E timer? I have an E timer but after getting the ECCT and seeing the difference the coils make in run ability I am curious.

Topic author
MKossor
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Kossor
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Touring
MTFCI Number: 22706

Re: E-Timer

Post by MKossor » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:38 pm

Don, thanks for your inquiry. The E-Timer provides the ultimate in engine ignition performance because it eliminates coil point adjustment and magneto variables in addition to timer variables. The I-Timer eliminates the same timer variables and delivers similar engine ignition performance using properly adjusted Model T coils operating on battery or Magneto.

Which has an advantage over the other is a matter of perspective. If you don't enjoy adjusting coils and maintaining coil points, the E-Timer has the advantage. If you do enjoy the art of coil adjustment and don't mind periodic coil maintenance, the I-Timer has the advantage. To the purest, neither is considered advantageous over the stock ignition system. The maintenance and performance flaws are part of the original Model T experience.
I-Timer + ECCT Adjusted Coils = Best Model T Engine Performance Possible!
www.modeltitimer.com www.modeltecct.com

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic