Topic author
VFeditor_Aleesa
First Name: Aleesa
Last Name: Drennen
MTFCA Number: 10000

Model T Shop Mule Tractor

Post by VFeditor_Aleesa » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:08 pm

WFHerbardShopTractor.jpg
Shop Mule Tractors like this 1940s model were used in factories, industrial facilities, and railways to haul heavy cargo in confined spaces. Ford Motor Co. used and sold Model T-based Mules. Anyone ever come across a surviving one? I'm working on a story about them and would love a photo of an existing or even a recreated one. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks!
Aleesa – Vintage Ford Editor :idea:
What's Your Story?

TFan
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Riedy
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 25079
MTFCI Number: 18732
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: Model T Shop Mule Tractor

Post by TFan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:37 am

Aleesa, I did a quick google search for "Vintage shop mule or tug/ tractor" and came up with this. I just went to the pics that they featured and looked for one that looked like it could be a T. If I just put in "shop mule" they wanted to sell me shoes, just gotta know how to phrase things. Jim

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/25 ... 1355963879
Back road kinda guy stuck on the freeway of life.

Topic author
VFeditor_Aleesa
First Name: Aleesa
Last Name: Drennen
MTFCA Number: 10000

Post by VFeditor_Aleesa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 am

Thanks, a couple of those are definitely along the right line. Might even be a lead for a preserved one.
Aleesa – Vintage Ford Editor :idea:
What's Your Story?

gary80005
First Name: Gary
Last Name: Giarratano
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 27 Roadster, 26 Touring in progress
MTFCA Number: 14947
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by gary80005 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:01 pm

I know you posted this almost a year ago, but I just saw it. We have a Model T Mule in our Mile High Model T Ford Club. The member who owns it is Gail Dins. Gail acquired it after the longtime owner, Bob Baston, passed away about 5 years ago. The mule is called "Little Eva," after Bob's wife. I'm not sure if that was a compliment or said something about her personality. Gail has all the history on it and we featured it in our newsletter a year or so ago. I think it may have been used in the Denver Model T Ford assembly plant. That building is still in existence and is located at Interstate 25 and Broadway in Denver. Bob Baston used to pull a trailer full of kids in the annual Harvest Day Parade with Little Eva every year. Let me know if you would like to get in touch with Gail.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic