Long running “announcements” in “topics”

Can’t log in? Having a problem with the Forums? Have a question about how something works? Get support here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
jiminbartow
First Name: James
Last Name: Patrick
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 50126
Board Member Since: 2001

Long running “announcements” in “topics”

Post by jiminbartow » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:07 pm

I know I’m going to get grief from some members regarding this, who don’t see it as a problem, but here goes...

I have noticed that long running post that should be located at the top in “announcements” are occupying the top several “topic” spots for weeks at a time. Is there any way for Admin to require these long running posts be posted in “announcements” where long running posts are supposed to be relegated? I thought Admin took are of this several weeks ago, when, in response to complaints, they put a divider between “announcements” which stay at the top and “topics” which should be reserved for members continuously changing topics. Thank you. Jim Patrick

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Long running “announcements” in “topics”

Post by Mark Gregush » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:29 pm

I don't see it as that big of a deal and am not going to loose any sleep over it. Skip them and move on to the first new post. :twisted:
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Topic author
jiminbartow
First Name: James
Last Name: Patrick
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 50126
Board Member Since: 2001

Post by jiminbartow » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:42 pm

I agree it is not a big deal now, but I’m just concerned that, where there are presently 2 long running announcements now occupying the top 2 “topic” spots for several weeks, if not addressed now, they may increase to 5 or 10 and then it will be difficult to locate the first member’s topic. That is what caused the first complaints several weeks ago which, Admin saw as a problem and thankfully, immediately addressed. Jim Patrick

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Post by DHort » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:48 pm

I agree with you Jim and I know Jeff will take care of this soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic