What do all the symbols mean

Can’t log in? Having a problem with the Forums? Have a question about how something works? Get support here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Doug Keppler
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Keppler
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 49716
Board Member Since: 2016

What do all the symbols mean

Post by Doug Keppler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm

How do we find out what all the little stars and symbols to the left of all the posts mean, my last post has a red star next to it, is that bad?, I would like a gold star please
1924 Touring car
There's No Substitute for Proper Lubrication

MichaelPawelek
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Pawelek
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 Touring, 1925 Coupe
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: What do all the symbols mean

Post by MichaelPawelek » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:13 pm

Doug, On the upper left of the pages is a FAQ symbol. It will take you to a page that answers many questions....

What are the images next to my username?
There are two images which may appear along with a username when viewing posts. One of them may be an image associated with your rank, generally in the form of stars, blocks or dots, indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the board. Another, usually larger, image is known as an avatar and is generally unique or personal to each user.

dllr28bl
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Woolf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Touring

Post by dllr28bl » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm

I looked at the FAQ page, but could not find a place where the meaning of the symbols was addressed.

Dan

Tiger Tim
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Eckensviller
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 cut-off touring

Post by Tiger Tim » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:51 pm

Exclamation mark looks to be a sticky (forced to stay at the top as assigned by the moderator), and on most forums the star shows when a topic reaches a certain popularity. Sometimes there’s an indication that there are attachments in a thread (like pictures), often shown by a little paperclip. On top of all that, it looks like when that icon is red it’s to show you it’s unread. Now that I say that out loud it sounds backwards. It’s red unti it’s been read.

I imagine there may be a teething period where Chris learns all of the various features and tricks to laying out the forum when we’ll see it change from time to time, all the while homing in on what works best.

Clear as mud?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic