Idea for posting on this forum

Can’t log in? Having a problem with the Forums? Have a question about how something works? Get support here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Touring, 13 Roadster, 17 Coupelet, 25 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Idea for posting on this forum

Post by Original Smith » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:16 pm

I would like to see posts for whatever subject to be clearly labeled. Case in point, valve stems. If you are posting a picture of a valve stem, be sure to mention what it is for! And since this if a model T forum, it should be a Model T valve stem, not some valve stem for a Packard or whatever. If you wish to do something like that, be sure to properly identify the part you are posting. There are lots of new people to the hobby, Model T guys out there, that have no knowledge whatsoever of valve stems, and they might just take it for fact!

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Re: Idea for posting on this forum

Post by DHort » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:36 pm

It is like the posters that have a topic of 'for sale' or 'wanted'. There is enough room to post what you are talking about. Please use the space that is available. Thank you.

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 19659
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Idea for posting on this forum

Post by DLodge » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 am

The ones I like the least are posted by someone trying to contact someone else on the forum that list only the name. When I see it, I assume it's going to be bad news instead of a contact request. How about adding "Trying to reach..." before the name?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic