Perfect fall day tour

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Perfect fall day tour

Post by TWrenn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:58 pm

We all know the number of nice days are coming to an end. Today we had perfect weather, 8 guys/cars for our usual "Covid picnic tour". If I do say so myself we're gettin' pretty good at this!
After good eats and fellowship off we went on a 42 mile jaunt west of Russ's place where we had our picnic. Made a short stop at a neat little mom & pop hobby-business called Smiling Fox Forge. They make all sorts of forged items, and period clothes and accessories. It was a non-descript, hard to find place. I drug the guys 'round the country block trying to find it!

This tour took us along the Sandusky River for a bit--very scenic. Some cottages were so close to the waters edge I don't know why they don't fall in!
Continued onward literally in the middle of nowhere, scenic and full of wildlife as we passed through their domain. Back to Russ's for more fellowship and "watering". Even had a good old fashioned minor roadside repair to a generator. Withholding name to protect the innocent. So cool how easy it is to handle an issue and keep on rolling. Try that on a modern car! Speaking of, my '13 Touring, Clara, punched out 26 MPG! I had 52 miles door to door on exactly 2 gallons of gas. Not bad eh? Some modern cars don't get that good of mileage.

Saturday will probably be our last "official" club picnic tour of the year. Celebrating National Touring Day. Thanks for looking in! Enjoy what good weather you have left.
Attachments
Our usual safe gathering. Champ begging for food while Mike explains something. What a great day!
Our usual safe gathering. Champ begging for food while Mike explains something. What a great day!
With so many cars, hard to fit them all in
With so many cars, hard to fit them all in
Found the place!
Found the place!
The Forge wife showing some of their work
The Forge wife showing some of their work
Look familiar? LOL  Quick repair and on our way!
Look familiar? LOL Quick repair and on our way!

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Re: Perfect fall day tour

Post by Dallas Landers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:30 pm

Very nice Tim. You are getting good at this. I bet you can get a few more in before the salt gets us. Memories to keep you warm this winter .

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Post by DHort » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Hell, it is only September. You still have 4-5 weekends in October before it gets cold out. Your last tour should be a Halloween tour. See how many places you can stop that will give you a piece of candy. When I was a junior at UW-Madison we trick or treated, but we carried shot glasses, not bags.

CarreyDM
First Name: Gerry
Last Name: Hillstrand

Post by CarreyDM » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Looks like everyone had a great time! Nice event

Topic author
TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by TWrenn » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:45 am

Thanks guys! Yep, it was super nice.
The dog had a ball too! Dave, you're right, normally. But not a normal Sept. here this year! Coolest in 6 years, next 10 days calling for way below normal temps. Blech!! But yeh, we'll get a trip or two out of it yet. Maybe picnics will be by a fire pit!! Ha ha.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic