24 Touring Barn Car Revival - Part 3

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
RustyFords
First Name: Don
Last Name: Allen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50001

Re: 24 Touring Barn Car Revival - Part 3

Post by RustyFords » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:18 am

Duey_C wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:17 am
I shouldn't as it's late but holy crap! I bet it's very comfortable already!
Thanks to people like you and other good-scroungers (one of our Mark's!), I look for leather couches around here...
I'll get you my pretty! Eh hem, leather.
It is VERY cozy...so much so that I'm hesistant to mess with it much more. That old thick leather is soft like a nicely used baseball glove.

The guys over on the HAMB hotrod site are where I got the idea to scrounge a leather couch. They've been doing that for roadster upholstery for a while.

I wasn't finding a suitable donor couch laying on the curb so I went on the local online classifieds site and found a lady trying to sell her leather couch and loveseat set for $400. It was perfect...not a lot of fussiness in the design, just big flat expanses of thick high quality leather.

I know, from personal experience that used upholstered furniture is almost impossible to sell...for any amount of money. I've tried to do it and I always end up just giving it away, or worse...taking it to the dump.

So I contacted the lady and said that I hoped she got her asking price on her pretty couches but if she ever got to the point where she just needed them gone, I would come get them. I told her how I was needing the leather for my Model T project and I sent her a photo of the car. A few weeks later, she said they were in her driveway and I could come get them for free.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:08 pm

Here's a couple shots of the T's current state.

The focus right now is wood and interior coverings.

A little interesting tidbit: When I started running this freshened-up engine, I installed one of those accessory transmission screens with the little magnet. Then about a month ago, I removed it to clean it and then ran the car without it. I immediately noticed that, without it installed, the transmission was quite a bit more noisy.

Then a couple days ago, I re-installed the screen and the transmission went back to being more quiet again. I'm wondering if the screen is directing more oil to various places in the transmission and quieting it down. Just a theory.
Attachments
IMG_9023.jpg
IMG_9021.jpg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:51 pm

The driver’s side fender/splash apron support bracket was missing and the sheet metal in that area was beat up pretty bad.

A forum member kindly donated an OEM bracket and I installed it this morning. I’m going to come up with a support patch for the sheet metal that looks 75 years old, but for now I just installed the bracket.

I’ll ruminate on what that patch should look like.

There’s one more fastener to install but it’s under the hood shelf. I’ll wait until I have a reason to take off the shelf before I do that.
Attachments
A70A5272-1CE3-45CA-8F50-01612D524083.jpeg
1C44F195-7EAC-4166-942E-968A71AEFF4C.jpeg
1924 Touring

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Don, I'd drill a small hole at the end of that crack. It may well stop it getting any worse. If the crack stops there, there may be no need for any further repairs. On Henrietta, the rear mudguards were mounted under the tray with a bolt through the outside bead only. This allowed them to wobble and that resulted in a significant crack in one of them at the splash panel bracket. I took the mudguard off and oxy welded the crack. It was left like that and after two years the repair looks as old as the car. I did put a bolt through the inner bead on the mudguard to stop the wobble, so it is not likely to recur. On the other side of the car, it was the splash panel that cracked. That is too much work to get off to weld, so it has just been left. the second bolt through the mudguard hes stopped all the flexing anyway.

Allan from down under.

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Allan wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:45 pm
Don, I'd drill a small hole at the end of that crack. It may well stop it getting any worse. If the crack stops there, there may be no need for any further repairs. On Henrietta, the rear mudguards were mounted under the tray with a bolt through the outside bead only. This allowed them to wobble and that resulted in a significant crack in one of them at the splash panel bracket. I took the mudguard off and oxy welded the crack. It was left like that and after two years the repair looks as old as the car. I did put a bolt through the inner bead on the mudguard to stop the wobble, so it is not likely to recur. On the other side of the car, it was the splash panel that cracked. That is too much work to get off to weld, so it has just been left. the second bolt through the mudguard hes stopped all the flexing anyway.

Allan from down under.
That’s probably the best solution Allan. I’ve welded a couple other cracks on this car and you’re right...after a few years, they are starting to look like very old repairs.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:42 pm

A small bit of novice learning for me recently....total rookie mistake. :oops:

My transmission drums were turned by Ross Lilleker. He also installed the kevlar bands that I'm using. So...everything was/is in good shape.

Ross told me that the bands would need a bit of adjustment after I drove it for a while. Sure enough, after I drove the car for a little while, I adjusted the brake pedal a bit and noticed that the pedal would be nicely adjusted for a short time, then quickly go back to the point where it needed to be adjusted again.

Rinse, repeat....same result. I'd adjust a small amount then, after some driving, the brake pedal would go back to where it was, pre-adjustment.

This weekend, I had the trans cover off and was determined to see why this was happening. I was worried about maybe the band getting destroyed by something like a cracked drum but couldn't find a crack and couldn't find any shredded band material in the transmission screen. I then adjusted the brake band nut a small amount, then pressed the pedal over and over while I watched and the little nut walked back a bit every time I released the pedal.

It immediately occurred to me that I was tightening the nut too little....ie, not enough for the washer indentation to catch. This was causing the nut to back off until it finally did catch an indentation. So the next time, I tightened it a full rotation until it caught an indentation, then took the car out for a drive and the brake adjustment stayed like I left it.

Like I said, this was a rookie thing. But maybe one of the new T drivers here will gain from it. :)
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Here’s how I’m storing my emergency gasoline and oil.

John Mays gave me this gorgeous old wooden box when he sold his home. It’s being held in place by a cut-down running board rack and a bunch of rolled up burlap sacks. The rack was with the car when it was pulled from the hay shed, so I wanted to keep it with the car.
16CB1BB9-A9FF-4486-BDE3-A292246912E2.jpeg
BDDAB3A5-1B48-48AD-B99E-A50D45CD0259.jpeg
I use the pre-mix fuel for my weed-whacker and painted one of the empty cans then labeled it. It’s rated for gasoline and doesn’t leak, so it’s perfect.
Then I added a bottle of oil and stuffed the voids with clean shop rags...and viola!
2D00BC1E-17A9-45C1-8075-E031369861E8.jpeg
DCDDECC8-3BED-4C2F-81EF-E1E7165BFD2B.jpeg
It’s not a lot of gas, but it should be enough to get to the next gas station.
I tried to make all of it practical. The burlap sacks can be used as a mat to lay on the ground when doing repairs...you can’t ever have too many shop rags and the old box matches the look of the car. I probably need to lash it all down with some old twine.
1924 Touring

Allan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Don, not to get too picky, but your burlap bag should not have multi coloured printing. :)
Allan from down under.

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Allan wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:24 pm
Don, not to get too picky, but your burlap bag should not have multi coloured printing. :)
Allan from down under.
Touché 😉

Although...I’m wondering if colored burlap was showing up by WW2?
1924 Touring

NealW
First Name: Neal
Last Name: Willford
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring, 1915 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 50256

Post by NealW » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 pm

It immediately occurred to me that I was tightening the nut too little....ie, not enough for the washer indentation to catch. This was causing the nut to back off until it finally did catch an indentation. So the next time, I tightened it a full rotation until it caught an indentation, then took the car out for a drive and the brake adjustment stayed like I left it.

Like I said, this was a rookie thing. But maybe one of the new T drivers here will gain from it.
You should not feel bad about this, because in my opinion, that important point is not communicated, or clearly communicated, in the Ford repair or owners manual regarding band adjustment. Fortunately for me, Mike Bender told me about this when I put the rebuilt engine/transmission in our 15 runabout restoration last spring. I think that the only place I've seen it mentioned that you can only adjust the bands in 1/2 turn increments is in Royce's article here:

https://modeltfordfix.com/adjusting-the ... he%20pedal.

Knowing to adjust in 1/2 turn increments is like whacking the carburetor with a screwdriver to stop a fuel leak at the carburetor. Most T owners seem to know to do these things because someone with experience told them, but no one seems to ever have written it in the usual sources we go to for information.

Allan

Post by Allan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:21 am

Don, I have two heavy jute sacks, stuffed with woollen noil from our wool processing. It took me a while to find two original 187 pound fertiliser sacks with just the black brand. I was offered many potato sacks but all those were all had multi coloured brands and showed weights in kilograms.
The wool stuffed fertiliser sacks make comfortable seats for kids in the back of Henrietta and cushions when were stop for any kind of break on runs.
The 187 pound bags made up one ton of fertiliser. All of them were manhandled at some stage in their use. Imagine OH&S allowing that these days. Our bags of cement are now down to 20kg and that is a recommended 2 person lift.

Allan from down under.

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:20 pm

The latest side view...
Attachments
DA0D6528-4BB9-43D4-B078-7EEC6E4CCDC2.jpeg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

NealW wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 pm

Like I said, this was a rookie thing. But maybe one of the new T drivers here will gain from it.
You should not feel bad about this, because in my opinion, that important point is not communicated, or clearly communicated, in the Ford repair or owners manual regarding band adjustment. Fortunately for me, Mike Bender told me about this when I put the rebuilt engine/transmission in our 15 runabout restoration last spring. I think that the only place I've seen it mentioned that you can only adjust the bands in 1/2 turn increments is in Royce's article here:

https://modeltfordfix.com/adjusting-the ... he%20pedal.

Knowing to adjust in 1/2 turn increments is like whacking the carburetor with a screwdriver to stop a fuel leak at the carburetor. Most T owners seem to know to do these things because someone with experience told them, but no one seems to ever have written it in the usual sources we go to for information.
Thanks Neal. Fortunately, this was one of those rare occasions where my ignorance did no harm. :D
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:41 pm

Allan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:21 am
Don, I have two heavy jute sacks, stuffed with woollen noil from our wool processing. It took me a while to find two original 187 pound fertiliser sacks with just the black brand. I was offered many potato sacks but all those were all had multi coloured brands and showed weights in kilograms.
The wool stuffed fertiliser sacks make comfortable seats for kids in the back of Henrietta and cushions when were stop for any kind of break on runs.
The 187 pound bags made up one ton of fertiliser. All of them were manhandled at some stage in their use. Imagine OH&S allowing that these days. Our bags of cement are now down to 20kg and that is a recommended 2 person lift.

Allan from down under.
Yeah...people were definitely made of different stuff back in the day.

In the meantime, you've shamed me (kidding) into turning my sacks inside out so that it's just burlap with no printing at all showing. And I'm searching for some period burlap sacks.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:44 pm

I’m working on my spare tire carrier and tail light.

I have a beautifully weathered tail light/ stop light and license plate bracket that even has a metal insert that makes it say “STOP” on the top half.

The guts of it need a full rebuild and that’s a fun little bench project.

I‘m going to buy one of the stop light switches from Lang’s and have separate taillight and stop light functionality.
Attachments
4137C26E-C753-4737-905E-0431CCB11D27.jpeg
564A19E1-4A37-4A4A-81C6-70E078A03458.jpeg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 pm

This Model A tail light is set up to have separate tail light and brake light functions....which is exactly what I'm wanting. The fact that it says "STOP" is just a cool little bonus.

However, it was setup to achieve this via a weird little jumper springy metal tab that had broken. Instead of ordering a new one, I just made a short replacement version. It works very well.

Here's the repair and a shot of the two separate lights doing their things.

Now to order a brake light switch from Langs.
Attachments
IMG_9129.jpg
IMG_9128.jpg
IMG_9125.jpg
IMG_9124.jpg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Here’s my version of a tail light bracket that’s in keeping with what a pre-1945 farmer on a very tight budget might’ve cobbled together from his Model T parts pile out behind the barn.

I have two of the spare carriers that mount on the rear crossmember, both of which are beat up and heavily repaired. So I cut one of the arms off of one of them along with enough of the horizontal piece to mount the tail light to.

It mounts to the crossmember, just like the original carrier.

It’s just mocked up in the photos. It’ll come back off and get cleaned up and wired in.

I found a 1942 Texas plate with a wartime 1943 registration tag at Chickasha.

I’m not totally sure I like how far it sticks out. I may revisit it at a later date and modify it...jury’s still out on that.
Attachments
EE2649AE-A62E-49BB-A314-0F1D9A0E16D7.jpeg
181CAF30-8414-457B-915B-2FCCFB1DF9E8.jpeg
8B2F59C2-4525-412D-829F-AAFB3BC56D82.jpeg
Last edited by RustyFords on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:30 pm

There it is on the spare tire carrier arm. Tiny...but there it is...gotta love it. For some reason it makes me smile every time I find one hidden like an Easter egg. 😊
Attachments
4976F1CF-52D2-4AC6-9F75-9041C1169163.jpeg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Brake/Tail light is all hooked up.

I gave the homemade/repurposed bracket my highly secret patina treatment so it matches the rest of the car.

I’m just waiting for my stop light switch from Fun Projects, then I’ll have a brake light. This will be one of the few concessions to modernity that I’ll be making (like safety glass, etc).
Attachments
FEF99E0B-940D-414C-8D16-DA2C14782633.jpeg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:12 am

Not only does Birdhaven have great products but they also take the time to do the little things...like throwing in a pack of Tootsie Rolls.

Gotta love it.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:18 pm

Success with the new stoplight switch, etc.
Attachments
9E334D79-2705-4F4C-8D40-B784E9F9CA00.jpeg
1924 Touring

ivaldes1
First Name: Ignacio
Last Name: Valdes
MTFCA Number: 50406
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by ivaldes1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 pm

Really coming along Don! I notice that you have the same crummy canvas front seat cover like mine has. What is the timeline for completion?
RustyFords wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:18 pm

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:32 am

ivaldes1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 pm
Really coming along Don! I notice that you have the same crummy canvas front seat cover like mine has. What is the timeline for completion?
RustyFords wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:18 pm
Thanks Ignacio!

I was pushing things hard to make the Texas T Party. Its cancellation allowed me to take a breath.

All I lack before I call it “completed” is the rest of the interior and the top installation. The interior will be done in the next couple months. The top may need to wait until the super hot weather returns.

Of course, it’ll never be truly completed. I’ll continue to tweak things for years, but all the main systems and aspects will be done once the top installation is complete and I’ll close out this build thread.

That’ll be long before the 2021 T Party and I’ll be there for sure. It’ll probably be my car’s first real tour.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Nearing completion. Just need the top and a little more interior work.
Attachments
7D612764-81C2-4F4F-946D-616C162E7396.jpeg
Last edited by RustyFords on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1924 Touring

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Post by Dallas Landers » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:47 pm

Thank Don! :idea: Now I want a touring !

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Dallas Landers wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:47 pm
Thank Don! :idea: Now I want a touring !
What’s one more?!!!

They’re small, and you’ve got the room! 😉
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Now that I have headlights, a tail light and a stop light, I figured it was time for a night drive.

Here's a video:

https://youtu.be/5OurQZMlkHQ
1924 Touring

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 pm

Yesss! Oh so freaky, yet so very pleasing are night drives!
Thanks Don!
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

ryanf1023
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Fenrich
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster Project

Post by ryanf1023 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:23 am

Nice video Don. Nothing like a night drive in an open Ford.

Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Touring, 13 Roadster, 17 Coupelet, 25 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Post by Original Smith » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 am

I was looking at the photo you posted of the rear spring. I suggest you turn around the oiler from it's current position, or you won't be able to open it when installed. I use the factory service book for clues on that kind of stuff, to be able to get things right.

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Original Smith wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 am
I was looking at the photo you posted of the rear spring. I suggest you turn around the oiler from it's current position, or you won't be able to open it when installed. I use the factory service book for clues on that kind of stuff, to be able to get things right.
Thanks Larry. I found that out through trial and error! It's turned around now.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:46 pm

Duey_C wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 pm
Thanks Don!
ryanf1023 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:23 am
Thanks Duane and Ryan. It is fun...quite different than the same drive in the daytime. The headlights are fairly useless...it's almost like they're more for people to see you than for you to see where you're going. :lol:

I almost never drive it at night so it's no big deal. If I did however, I think I'd install some of those LED's that plug into the factory socket.
1924 Touring

Dallas Landers

Post by Dallas Landers » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:56 pm

You really learn your car Don if you drive in the country with no streetlights. You have no visual for throttle and timing. Just the sound and feel of the engine and how much of each to make it happy. Knowing the roads your on is a plus. The lights are easy to outrun. A nice slow drive on a starlight night on a lonley country road with the sound of the engine and dim glow of the lights is very relaxing to me. Alway good to see your photos and video. Makes my day.

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Dallas Landers wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:56 pm
You really learn your car Don if you drive in the country with no streetlights. You have no visual for throttle and timing. Just the sound and feel of the engine and how much of each to make it happy. Knowing the roads your on is a plus. The lights are easy to outrun. A nice slow drive on a starlight night on a lonley country road with the sound of the engine and dim glow of the lights is very relaxing to me. Alway good to see your photos and video. Makes my day.
Thanks Dallas.

You're so correct. I'm really wanting to do exactly as you describe...a night drive on a country road with no street lights...for the reasons that you're describing.
1924 Touring

ryanf1023
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Fenrich
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster Project

Post by ryanf1023 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:31 pm

RustyFords wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:46 pm
Duey_C wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 pm
Thanks Don!
ryanf1023 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:23 am
Thanks Duane and Ryan. It is fun...quite different than the same drive in the daytime. The headlights are fairly useless...it's almost like they're more for people to see you than for you to see where you're going. :lol:

I almost never drive it at night so it's no big deal. If I did however, I think I'd install some of those LED's that plug into the factory socket.
I definitely agree. I keep my night drives in urban areas because the streetlights will help you see. I drove a friend home once late at midnight. I didn’t know she lived on an acreage. The drive on country roads with the 6V headlights (Model A) was awfully nerve wracking, especially when the passenger one decided to shut off!

Like you say, it is nice that fairly easy conversion options exist for the cars. Country drives in the moonlight are a big part of the horseless carriage experience.

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Before and after....front door wood framing.
Attachments
8494908E-AE8B-4D13-9095-B5BE037C2D8C.jpeg
ED2EA1BC-B7F8-4FB5-8C61-7B31CA7282C6.jpeg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Go big or go home.

Here's a short clip of me driving the T on the Interstate 45 Frontage Rd, north of Houston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW9PkXveswA
1924 Touring

Dallas Landers

Post by Dallas Landers » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 pm

The fruit of your labor. Sounding good Don !

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:53 pm

Dallas Landers wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 pm
The fruit of your labor. Sounding good Don !
Thanks Dallas. I am having a blast with it.

All that’s left now is finishing the upholstery and the top.
1924 Touring

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:10 am

And ripping up that frontage road!
Thanks Don!
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:48 am

Duey_C wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:10 am
And ripping up that frontage road!
Thanks Don!
It sure gets a lot of looks when it’s out there.

I drove it on the feeder road again yesterday…all the way into The Woodlands to an old car meet up. One of the guys looking at it said, “there’s $100K hotrods here and people are standing around looking at this.”
Attachments
0F1AFF46-3356-4A6A-8F5F-70D175D7BE14.jpeg
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:23 pm

Sitting snug in my shop.
Attachments
9353AB87-D8A4-4444-8B5C-D4418651A67B.jpeg
1924 Touring

Angmar
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Bailey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1918 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 50335
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Angmar » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:19 pm

Don it looks great! I couldn't agree more about the crowds that our old rusty T's draw. I take mine to the local "Cars n Coffee once a month or so where there are often between 400 and 500 cars. I also set next to some very expensive or fancy cars but the T always draws the largest crowd.

I get kids, parents, students and grandparents who want to sit in it and or ask questions. I hand out Model T club info. and my voice gets a bit hoarse after a show but it is worth it.
Attachments
t at show2 r.jpg
Still crankin old iron

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Angmar wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:19 pm
Don it looks great! I couldn't agree more about the crowds that our old rusty T's draw. I take mine to the local "Cars n Coffee once a month or so where there are often between 400 and 500 cars. I also set next to some very expensive or fancy cars but the T always draws the largest crowd.

I get kids, parents, students and grandparents who want to sit in it and or ask questions. I hand out Model T club info. and my voice gets a bit hoarse after a show but it is worth it.
I love it Mark.

It’s my opinion that Model T’s look best in their work clothes.

I especially like the kid having a blast in the front seat.
1924 Touring

Topic author
RustyFords

Post by RustyFords » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:24 pm

This happens a lot with my T.

Random Person, “Can I take a picture of your car?”

Me, “Of course you can. But wouldn’t you rather sit in it and have me take your picture with your phone?”

Random Person, “Are you kidding!?”

Me, “Nope…hop up in there”
Attachments
27C9205C-E496-4800-A8F6-A0000C702290.jpeg
1A39D5C9-33DF-4C2B-9CD9-E21DD2A58E9C.jpeg
9A1FC634-37A8-4747-B2F5-0E150689AD1F.jpeg
5997A341-258F-4350-94DA-16CF995E9CED.jpeg
1924 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic