Model Ts on When Calls The Heart

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Standing Elk
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Addington

Model Ts on When Calls The Heart

Post by Standing Elk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:25 am

Anybody know if the Model Ts on this tv show, When Calls The Heart, are private cars that are being loaned or rented or are they prop cars? Either way pretty nice looking. Still waiting to see a glimpse of the interior in one to see if it has the correct lever and peddles or if it has been modified to make it more actor friendly to drive.

Sarikatime
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Seress
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Towncar, 1915 Touring
MTFCA Number: 27707

Re: Model Ts on When Calls The Heart

Post by Sarikatime » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:03 pm

At first in one of the episodes the mayor of the town buys a brand new model T, driven. Y shouffer, that is a mid twenties model and then many episodes and seasons later the lumber mill owner buys a new model T roadster that is a 1915 brass model. The actors are driving them but with what runningear no idea. A wonderful silly show with tearjerker do guddy sceans but a much needed break from the constant f bomb of the new films. Just my observation. Frank

Mike Robinson
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Robinson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Speedster 1914 Speedster 1925 Touring 1926 roadster pickup
MTFCA Number: 22510

Post by Mike Robinson » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 pm

A couple episodes back the owner of the lumber yard sat in the drivers seat as his wife hand cranked the engine without pushing in on the crank . If spun over very quickly but the funny part was hearing the starter crank the engine in the background

Ken Findlay
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Findlay
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Touring, 1911 Touring, 1914 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 24552
MTFCI Number: 22922

Post by Ken Findlay » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 am

When Calls the Heart is filmed in the Vancouver BC area. I had 3 cars in the second season. The black 15 roadster, the red 11 tourabout and also my blue 1912 Oakland touring. These are all original cars. I spent 7-8 days on the set. The next season they wanted the cars back but I had enough of doing movie work. I sold them the 15. The 11 was also sold to another collector. Still have 3 other T's left and the Oakland.

Ken
Attachments
2015-08-29 19.02.40.jpg
11 Tourabout-2.JPG
15 T.JPG

Nimrod
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Kleinow

Post by Nimrod » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 am

Are there model T's, or period cars in all the episodes? I would hate to get roped into watching 7 seasons of a Hallmark show by my wife if the cars are only occasional props.

rosenkranswa
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Rosenkrans
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touriing
MTFCI Number: 22021

Post by rosenkranswa » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 am

Quite a few early cars, Model T's and others, on a Canadian Show we like called Murdock Mysteries. Apparently they're largely from one person's collection.

Ken Findlay
First Name: Ken
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Touring, 1911 Touring, 1914 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 24552
MTFCI Number: 22922

Post by Ken Findlay » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:57 am

I can't say how many old cars show up through out the show. I know that other local antique cars have been used for some of the later episodes.

Of course the actors can't drive the cars especially a Model T. There's one scene that I was involved with where the boyfriend and his lovely redhead girlfriend steal her Dad's sports car from the garage. In the garage are my red tourabout and my 15 roadster. Of course they stole the roadster. As the actor couldn't drive the T, I had to! He's about 24 and I was 65.They gave me his jacket and hat and then decided to film from the rear of the car. I raced down a dirt road at about 15mph and through the magic of the movies got into an accident. All the while the very cute redhead was sitting very close to me. It took 4-5 try's before the director was happy with the shot. I was hoping for another 4-5 takes....It's not often I get to sit beside...well you know...
Ken

pfindlay
First Name: Peter

Post by pfindlay » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:27 am

I have provided my two cars for the last two seasons (5 & 6) as well as an early season. I believe they were only used in a couple of episodes per season. However, the two Model Ts would make regular appearances throughout the season. They have a few guys on the set who do minor maintenance and drive the Ts as needed, they are not converted to anything modern. The '15 doesn't even have a starter (yet).

Peter

thom
First Name: Tommy
Last Name: Coffey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Touring

Post by thom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:04 am

My wife is a big fan of the show and other shows on the network. I figured she would really be disappointed the other day when the news broke about Lori Loughlin, who plays the lady mayor, and others allegedly involved being brought up on charges, but she has had little to say about the subject. Then, what can one say? :roll:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic