Installation instructions for 26 touring top

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Ron Horton
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Horton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1923 Roadster, 1915 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 31269
Board Member Since: 2011

Installation instructions for 26 touring top

Post by Ron Horton » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:05 am

When an amateur such as myself takes something apart and 5 years later takes those parts to a professional to be put back together, there are bound to be some difficulties!!

My upholstery guy is trying to put the top back on Ole Gert and it isn’t going well. I’ve rebuilt the bows and all seems to be okay there, but the fabric isn’t cooperating. The upholstery and top was new when I acquired the car and is being reused now that I’ve put the car back together. Does anyone have a set of instructions/directions that they can spare?? A video would help if available. Thanks.

Ron

Many lessons have been learned during this adventure and one of them is MORE PICTURES will be taken from now on!!
I can’t tell if I’m handling life well these days or I just don’t give a sheet anymore :D :D

DanTreace
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Treace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '23 cutoff, '25 touring, '27 touring
MTFCA Number: 4838
MTFCI Number: 115
Board Member Since: 2000

Re: Installation instructions for 26 touring top

Post by DanTreace » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Ron

This video is from Classtique Auto Upholstery, while it is a '23-'25 still very useful for the '26-'27 as its a one-man top with slant windshield.

Just the mentioned dimensions may not apply fully, but real good for install details.

https://youtu.be/h6Y8gKaKIrs

And some photos of of Elizabeth on doing a '27 top, these were taken at a work session she gave at a T meeting.

IMG_2896.JPG
IMG_2907 (670x503).jpg
IMG_2905 (700x525).jpg
Attachments
IMG_2892.JPG
The best way is always the simplest. The attics of the world are cluttered up with complicated failures. Henry Ford
Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain. Henry Ford

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic