Great to have friends!

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Great to have friends!

Post by Dallas Landers » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:43 am

A friend inherted a 1919 T and needed a rim. I contacted Dave Hanlon and he had what my buddy needed. ROAD TRIP! Yesterday we made the 3 1/2 hr drive into Ohio to Daves. Dave took us for a ride in his touring and Found four rims for my buddy and a couple 30x3.5 kelsey rims for me. Good to see Dave again.

On the way back we stopped at Tim Morshers. I have talked with Tim many times over the last two years about my MP cab as he has the same model as mine. Tim has been a huge help with details and drawings, photos and parts. I got to see Tims toy box and all his toys. WOW is the only way to explain it. Tim took us yo lunch and we had a good time. He sent me home with the tooling steel and wire to make the rear fenders for my TT.
It was a great way to spend my birthday! The best part is I will have to go to Tim's again to return his tools. Looking forward to that.
Tim, I have tried to answer your emails and there is a problem on my end. Hope to get it sorted out.
Thank yuh ou Dave and Tim for a fun filled day.
Its good to have friends!

TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Re: Great to have friends!

Post by TWrenn » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Dallas...happy birthday belated! Wish I knew you were "in the hood" as I'm only a 25 minute drive by model T from the "other Tim"..no wait..that's me!...anyway from Tims place! Woulda loved to meet in person and share the usual BS!
So when you come back hunt me.up! We'll do lunch, go for a ride in Clara amd.show you some of our beautiful traffic free country touring! Well almost traffic free... ;) :lol:

Ruxstel24
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hanlon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Touring car
MTFCA Number: 50191
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by Ruxstel24 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 pm

It was a good day !! Last time Dallas was here it was 20 degrees, been scorching lately, but yesterday was beautiful.
He and his friend got some needed rims and mom made a few bucks, all is good.
That was one scary looking rim your friend had Dallas !! A couple spots were rusted into the curl of the lip !! :shock:
Maybe I can go west next time and finger up that TT for Dallas. :lol:

Topic author
Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Post by Dallas Landers » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:00 am

Any time Dave! I need to clean it up now, Its been on the road and has road apples up the bed sides and lots of road dust. I have about 100 miles on it and need to change the oil. After bringing home the vintage tools from Tim, I cant wait to get started on the rear fenders. Using tools made in 1897 will be exciting.

Angmar
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Bailey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1918 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 50335
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Angmar » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 am

Good friends and aquaintences are the main reason I stay in the hobby. There is so much to learn and a lot of good times to be had. Dallas your truck is great.
Still crankin old iron

RustyFords
First Name: Don
Last Name: Allen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50001

Post by RustyFords » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:45 am

Happy belated birthday Dallas!

Dave is good folks. My 24 Touring is sporting more than one piece from his stash.
1924 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic