New Rig

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
JP_noonan
First Name: John
Last Name: Noonan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Runabout

New Rig

Post by JP_noonan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:37 pm

After having multiple problems continuously on my last 3 trucks, an F-250, a Silverado, and my latest piece of crap a GMC Sierra, my best friend convinced me to think outside the box and buy something different. So that's what i did today in buying my first Toyota. :shock: Being a contractor, i needed something totally reliable which these supposedly are, and i guess only time will tell. But my first impression after picking it up is Wow! Very nice ride with tons of power from the 5.7. The best part is, its made in Texas. :D
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Re: New Rig

Post by Duey_C » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:03 am

Keep us in he loop on your new Texas Truck! :)
Looks naughty!
My boring ol', loaded 05 Chevy truck is doing good at doing the thing every day but there will be a someday...
On long trips, we carry the title with. 8-)
Nice truck. :)
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Topic author
JP_noonan
First Name: John
Last Name: Noonan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Runabout

Post by JP_noonan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:12 am

Thanks Duey, will do. ;) I'm still reading all the manuals trying to figure out all the new gadgets i never knew a truck needed. :o
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

BobShirleyAtlantaTx
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Shirley
MTFCA Number: 29135

Post by BobShirleyAtlantaTx » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:33 am

In the 80’s my dad bought a new Mercury sedan, talking to him on the phone after the purchase, he said he had figured out just about everything except the light on the dash of the little man sitting on the commode. Honest to God, he told me he guessed the little light (seat belt warning) was to remind you to go to the bathroom before you take off.

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Post by Rich Bingham » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:42 am

BobShirleyAtlantaTx wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:33 am
. . . go to the bathroom before you take off.
Words to live by !! :lol: thanks for that Bob. I'll never look at a warning light again without thinking of that story !! :D
"Get a horse !"

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:43 pm

This is a real license plate that a lady had for 10 years until someone in the license dept thought it was not proper and should be removed. The case went to the governor of the state and he replied that she has had it for 10 years and she can keep it.
AAGvBmO.jpg
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:32 pm

I like that NH governor's thought process! He probably read it 3 times, got it, laughed hard and thought "good idea". :)
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic