Toledo Torch

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Hal
First Name: Hal
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)
Board Member Since: 2005

Toledo Torch

Post by Hal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:51 am

Does anyone here know anything about Toledo Torches? These are the 'flaming bombs' you used to see along construction zones back before flashing yellow lights got to be popular. Anyway, I bought one at a swap meet and have managed to get the flame hood to finally screw off. Took lots of time and PB Blaster, but it finally turned loose yesterday. Now, I need to remove the wick holder. Do any of you know if that screws out or just pulls out, or what? It is in there pretty tight and I have PB Blaster'ed it, but would like to know how it comes out.

Thanks,

Hal

Topic author
Hal
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)

Re: Toledo Torch

Post by Hal » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:57 pm

It just pulls out. It's been a while, but I ran across this again and thought I would post what I did, in case someone else needs to know in the future.

46woodduck
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Petry

Post by 46woodduck » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:16 pm

A picture of the "Bomb" would help. Is it like a round version of a "Tiki Torch". Might be a nice addition in the yard while having a late summer cookout.
Life is good on the lunatic fringe. Tom

dlmyers
First Name: Dale
Last Name: Myers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 24465
MTFCI Number: 19884
Board Member Since: 2001

Post by dlmyers » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:39 pm

The old forums are a gold mine of information.

Topic author
Hal

Post by Hal » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Yep. Looks pretty much just like that. With citronella oil, it should work as well as tiki torches for mosquito control, although tiki torches are usually mounted up high and these are designed to sit on the ground.

Unfortunately, mine had a couple of pinholes that I did not find until I filled it. Luckily, they are up high, so it is still useable if I don't fill it completely. I'll have to get it cleaned well inside and then patch the pinholes. Should be as good as new afterward.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic