Who D.A.T. Ignition System

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
sportbingo
First Name: Art
Last Name: Taylor
MTFCA Number: 22512

Post by sportbingo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:49 pm

bosch magneto for ford car.jpg
bosch magneto for ford car.jpg (53.61 KiB) Viewed 16601 times
Smaller Bosch Magneto system ResizerImage430X420.jpg
Smaller Bosch Magneto system ResizerImage430X420.jpg (55.19 KiB) Viewed 16601 times
Bosch Magneto 1910 Chain Drive System vs Bosch Magneto Modern Belt Drive System
Around 1910 Bosch built gear and chain drive attachments. Their desire was to add efficiency and reliability for Ford owners. They fitted High Tension Magneto DU4 to the Ford engine. I wanted to do the same to my 1926 Tudor but I had a restriction with keeping my generator on the gear setup side. Therefore, I chose the chain/belt drive system.

My plan was to have the camshaft setup with two pulleys, one on the camshaft and the other on the magneto (with neoprene timing belt between each). I know the pulley system is not authentic or correct for the 1910 chain setup. It’s more modern than most Model T people would like, but it makes a lot of sense to improve the performance of the car. The timing belt has a lots benefits for example very little wear; no noise; no oiling/lubrication to the chain; no chain whipping; the neoprene belt body protection against grime, grease, oil and moisture; and gives a positive slip proof engagement. The Pulley/Belt System has a “PowerGrip-Timing” pulley made of fiberglass; high strength belt; high HP capability; and nylon tooth for long belt life.

The Bosch Magneto has lots of numerous benefits alone, example hotter spark; more power; better gas mileage; a lower throttling of the motor; eliminates complicated wiring (only five wires required, 4 spark plugs, and a kill switch or ground wire); and eliminates frequent filing and adjustment points.

It took me almost two years to design and build belt drive system. I had a lots of help from friends and Model T Members of the Forum. I would like to thank the following people below:
1. Steve Tomaso (RajoRacer)-Longbranch WA
2. Seth Spratin (Wreckrod)-AL
3. Roger Karisson-Southern Sweden
4. Steve & Debbie Belanger Maine-Mainely Magnetos Belanger’s Auto Electric INC. (rebuilt Mag)
5. Howard Kingford-Smith-New Zealand
6. James Pringle-Scotland
7. Jim Boyland-Whidbey IS WA
8. Eric Snow-E T Precision Machine-Whidbey IS WA (machine/weld)
9. My Wife Dorothy-Whidbey IS WA
10. My Son Mark-Whidbey IS WA
It takes village! Thank You All!
The engine runs great! I still have some remaining work such as the building a control rod for retard/advance; painting; and general cleanup.
Art Taylor (sportbingo)

babychadwick
First Name: Chad
Last Name: Azevedo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Boattail speedster, 1912 Tourabout project, 1927 Speedster (build)
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Who D.A.T. Ignition System

Post by babychadwick » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Not sure if I should mention this as it is complete but would it be possible to add a second pulley on an adjustable cam? The current tensioner would ensure everything is tight and the movable pulley would allow for an advance or retard on a mag that doesnt have an advance.
"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail"

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564

Post by Mark Gregush » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 pm

LIKE! Never thought about running off the camshaft. Most that I have seen seem to run off a gear on the pulley, or look that way. Thanks
Don't see much difference than running a modern Gates fan belt.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

BobD
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Doris
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Runabout, 1930 Sport Coupe
MTFCA Number: 32538
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by BobD » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am

sportbingo wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:49 pm
The timing belt has a lots benefits for example very little wear; no noise; no oiling/lubrication to the chain; no chain whipping; the neoprene belt body protection against grime, grease, oil and moisture; and gives a positive slip proof engagement.
Art, that is exactly why I used a timing belt to retrofit a distributor on my dead magneto ’26 T.

Nice job! Will be interested to see how it performs.

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Video on YouTube

D.A.T. is code = Dorothy.Art.Taylor

https://youtu.be/Cg-1Kqr7dts

Enjoy!

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:11 am

Building A Bosch DU4 Magneto Pulley Belt Setup.

Your viewing of “Who D.A.T. Ignition System” article is amazing. So, I thought of continuing articles by showing the details of building the pulley belt setup; (researches, documents, photos, videos, costs, contacts) from the beginning of the project to the end with the running of the engine. If you chose to build the pulley belt setup maybe I can save you time, and money. The question I can answer today. Yes, I can build this setup faster, cheaper, and with less mistakes. Cost was important and it forced to me do a lot more of the work machining, but I was committed to compete the task because of my investment at each stage of the project.
Let’s start off with discussing the elephant in the room. The cost of the items:
1) Bought Bosch DU4 magneto on EBAY $155.00.
2) Rebuilt Bosch DU4 magneto (Counter Clockwise) for $563.68
3) Purchased 10mm chain wheel Tensioner $11.99
4) Purchased SS base tensioner $26.00
5) Purchased 14 tooth gear pulley sprocket $34.14
6) Purchased 28 tooth gear pulley sprocket $71.48
7) Purchased timing belt $23.40
8) Purchased stainless round tube for camshaft $15.60
9) Purchased natural nylon cast sheet shimming bracket $52.86
10) Purchased 7’ foot spark plug wire and brass connector $18.00
11) Purchased Brass TINTON LIFE Universal Bathroom adj. shower head wall mount holder base org spark plug $16.97
12) Optional purchase pencil tension tester $23.22
13) General bolts, nuts, drills, skill saw blades (guess) $30.00
14) Salvage yard purchase street aluminum light fixture $50.00
After, spending better than $1,092 dollar I still didn’t have a turn-key working setup. Each task requires doing my homework. One of the main problems I experienced was that no one had built a setup on a Model T Ford using a pulley sprocket belt system. So, the only guide/design was using the 1910 Bosch chain drive setup.

The tools needed to proceed are a socket set (std/metric), sander wheel, files, band saw, saw all, jig saw, drills, drill press, taps, drill motor, air tool cutting fiber wheel. Tools I didn’t have: metal lay, and welder,

Please feel free at any time to ask questions of any kind? Some may not want to continue with following this article because we will sometimes be getting into the weeds and it might be more than you want in the discovery process. I WILL TRY TO KEEP MY DISCUSSION AS BRIEF AS POOSSIBLE TO NOT LOSE YOUR INTEREST. Let me assure you that I’m a layman, who only wants to learn more about my Model T Ford. I’m learning from you as much as I can.
One of my goals was to keep the setup looking simple, and neat.

The ace I had was mentor Steve Tomaso (RajoRacer) who restores Model T professionally and loves the hobby. He loaned me a camshaft core while I was working on this project. Also answered a lots of my questions as needed.

The topics being covered are:
1) Research all aspects of Project. Note: in all cases I tried getting lots information with more than one person as source, books, documentation from the Model T Forum about the subject Bosch Magneto.
2) Purchase of Bosch DU4 Magneto repair and setup documentation.
3) The do/don’t using/and the servicing a magneto.
4) The camshaft research size outside dia., length shaft, location of the camshaft pin, length of threads.
5) Building of the bracket based on my research and using Bosch chain drive setup as a guide.
6) Research and modification of the pulleys, belt, and tensioner using the original chain drive setup.
7) Machining and welding the pulley sprocket and drilling the pin location hole camshaft.
8) Purchase of wiring for engine and building wire collector keeping it engine looking neat.
9) Final looking at design of the retard and advance of Bosch Magneto.

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:22 am

First stage of building the Bosch DU4 Mag Pulley Belt Setup documentation.
I researched all aspects of this project. Note: In all cases I gathered information, for example books and documentation from the Model T Forum about the subject Bosch Magneto.
1) I purchased a book titled “BOSCH MAGNETO for FORD cars.” This book has a section on “Installing the Chain Drive Attachment” pages 11 thru 12. You can view the book online by “CTRL CLICK” on the address below:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bo ... &FORM=IGRE

a. Book items of value pages 3-4 benefit of the Bosch attachment.
b. Book items of value pages 8-9 timing & high-tension connection.
c. Book items of value pages 14-15 picture of the bracket parts.
2) I used the search in the Model T Forum “Bosch Mag” for any article about the subject.
a. When I got a hit and it was of interest, I saved it in my binder.
b. Some of my contacts were made in the USA. Other contacts using a chain drive setup which is odd was made oversea in Southern Sweden, New Zealand, and Scotland. In all cases I asked for pictures, of the bracket, Bosch magneto timing, performance, and trouble shooting
c. Two Binders were created as follows:
a. first collection all information related to the Bosch subject;
b. second a technical document of tasks needed to be accomplished, pictures of progress showing task completion, and part manufacturers specification/order confirmation/shipping manifest.
c. Finally, Bosch Magneto DU4 Counter Clockwise Setup diagram/layout.

YouTube video on Documentation ‘ctrl-click’ below:
File name= 1080p Model T Ford W pulley belt setup documentation
Address =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig8fsIZhsPE

Note: If you haven’t seen the YouTube video of the Bosch Magneto Pulley Belt Engine running
‘ctrl-click’ below:
File name= 1080p Model T Ford W pulley belt
Address =
https://youtu.be/Cg-1Kqr7dts

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Second stage, the purchase of a Bosch DU4, repair and setup.
After purchasing the Bosch DU4 Magneto off EBAY for $155.00 dollars. I proceeded to clean all the grease/oil/grime off the magneto. My main goal was to send the magneto out for repair no matter what the condition. The success of this project will be based on the performance. The magneto is the “Heart and Soul” of this project.
IF THE MAGNETO FAILS THE PROJECT FAILS.

My research of the magneto consisted of following phases:
1) Using the internet, to check the drawing for missing parts
2) Finding a repair company (Mainely Magnetos Auto Electric Inc.)
a. Request mag be setup to get a strong spark
a. Rewound coil
b. Replace the condenser
c. Replace the point assembly
d. Get an extra point assembly
e. Request the control arm (retard/advance) be put on the left side
f. Request the magneto be setup “COUNTER CLOCKWISE”
g. The restoration cost of the magneto was $563.00
3) Researching the Model T Forum for members who have a Bosch DU4 magneto setup on their Model T.
a. Viewing YouTube video of Magneto with a strong spark
b. Setup Magneto documentation
c. Timing motor documentation
d. Points assembly documentation

Third stage, do/don’t/using, and the servicing the magneto.
I was told by (Mainely Magnetos Auto Electric Inc.) the following:
Never connect voltage to any magneto. Always have a ground wire to (kill/stop) the engine.
Never gap the spark plug greater than 1/32”. Always use solid core wire not resistor type.
Never spin a magneto without giving the spark a place to go to ground. Always oil once a month with a (toothpick).
Never drive with the spark retarded. Always start with retarding the spark, drive with spark advanced.
ResizerImage756X588 mag setup.jpg
ResizerImage756X575 mag timing.jpg
ResizerImage733X375 point setup.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:04 pm

ResizerImage606X656 camshaft.jpg
ResizerImage649X511 Front Face & bolt mount.jpg
Forth stage: I researched the Camshaft outsize dia., length, location of camshaft pin, length of the threads.

The camshaft extension shaft is a very important part of this design. The large sprocket is attached to the shaft extension. The 1910 Chain Drive Setup indicates the shaft must be drilled completely thru on both sides.
The Bosch book “BOSCH MAGNETO for FORD cars” page 11, requires that the installer drills the pin hole with 5/32” drill. The pulley sprocket will have a special key to hold it on the shaft.
1) A CRITICAL DECISION MUST BE MADE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE PROJECT AT THIS POINT, BECAUSE DRILLING THE SHAFT CREATES A LARGER PIN HOLE. A larger pin hole will make other timing devices harder to attach without some modification. Question, “Why build the Bosch Magneto Setup”? See the benefits below:
2) I waited until the pulley sprocket was built and ready to install before I drilled my camshaft.
3) The camshaft pulley sprocket was sent out for machining at a cost of $280. I will cover this machine work in more detail later.
4) Note: In the second photo above of the pulley sprocket design will not extend to interfere with water/fan belt.
ResizerImage756X621 Benefits.jpg
Fifth stage: building of the bracket based on my research and using 1910 Bosch chain drive setup as a guide.
Building the bracket which supports the magneto was designed by copying 1910 Bosch bracket. A larger front face to hold the belt tensioner base required some design modification
1) First, it was important that the top of the bracket be level front to back and side to side.
2) Second, it was important the bracket have three bolt attachment, (front plate, two point on the oil pan) so it will hold the magneto firmly while driving the car.
3) Third, it was important the bracket does not interfere with the water flow from the engine block to the radiator
4) Finally, it was important the bracket does not interfere with the front oiler

I started building the bracket base by using Styrofoam sheet 24 X 24 X ¼”, and a glue gun. When my bracket mockup was completed, I reviewed all my design requirements to see if they were satisfied.
1) Because I had no welding equipment, I chose aluminum for my base material. It is lighter and easier to cut and shape to my design.
2) After building my bracket mockup in Styrofoam I went around metal salvage yards looking for aluminum items matching my model.
3) With the help of a friend we found a streetlight which was a match of the mockup model. I bought the streetlight with the intact lamp for $50.00. Enough material to make three aluminum brackets.
4) Using my mockup templet, I made wood templets for the sides of the aluminum streetlight.
5) I proceeded to cut the aluminum streetlight to form the Bosch bracket.
6) I mounted the bracket on my engine and drove the car with the new bracket checking for a level and a solid mount.
7) Later in building/mounting of the pulley sprocket I added a nylon base to take up the belt slack.
8) The Bosch Bracket and nylon base are slotted to add bolt to bottom to hold the Bosch DU4 Magneto down.
9) The front face was drilled and tapped to hold the belt tensioner bracket.

YouTube video on building the Bosch Bracket ‘ctrl-click’ below:

File name= 1080p Model T Ford W building the Bosch Bracket
Address =https://youtu.be/Jl1stIYNqsE

Note: If you haven’t seen the YouTube video of the Bosch Magneto Pulley Belt & Engine running. Or the creating the setup documentation. ‘ctrl-click’ below:

Address = https://youtu.be/Cg-1Kqr7dts

Address = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig8fsIZhsPE

Harry Lillo
First Name: Harry
Last Name: Lillo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedsters, racers, depot hack, coupe
MTFCA Number: 13996

Post by Harry Lillo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 pm

If anyone is interested I have an original Bosch bracket as shown above.
I offered it to Art but he was far enough along on his project it didn't make sense for him to change direction.
Harry Lillo

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Art,

Very nice write up, Thank You!

Hank

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:45 pm

Model T Ford Items of information

Engine Fire Order 1,2,4,3
1926 Model T Ford engine 22.5 HP
1926 Model T Ford RPM 1800
Timing the engine – set the #1 cylinder to TDC

Bosch Magneto DU4 Items of information
Stop the engine by adding a switch to ground the magneto.

From driver seat Camshaft Magneto setup Counter Clockwise
The points are left hand setup.
Camshaft gear ratio is 2 to 1
My Camshaft large gear is 28 teeth & Magneto small gear is 14 teeth

From driver seat Crankshaft Magneto setup Clockwise
The points are right hand setup
Crankshaft gear ratio is 1 to 1

The PowerGrip timing belt tension is 12 force pounds

Note: If you haven’t seen the YouTube video of the Bosch Magneto Pulley Belt & Engine running. Or the creating the setup documentation. Or the creating the building the Bosch Bracket ‘ctrl-click’ below:

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:01 pm

The Bosch Magneto stage 7, 8, & 9.
Research and modification of the pulleys, belt, and tensioner using the original chain drive setup.
Purchase of wiring for the engine and building a wire collector keeping it engine looking neat.
Final looking at design of the retard and advance of the Bosch Magneto.

I produced a new video describing the pulley sprockets research, modification, and build below:

File name= 1080p Model T Ford W pulley research, modification, & build
Address = https://youtu.be/RYVSKIsrv1c

I purchased the wires and clips from Lang’s Old Car Parts (bulk wire yellow with black tracer sold by the foot (7’ of wire)). Also, purchased brass terminal ends for the spark plug wires (quantity 2 per spark plug). Notice: I set the wire up in a collector which matches the timing order of the car 1, 2, 4 & 3.
IMG_0109 Ford Timing Order 1.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg
The wire clip holder was built using a brass bathroom fixture at a cost of $18 along with a drill out washer.
IMG_0107a.jpg
IMG_0107b.jpg

Final looking at the design of the retard and advance of the Bosch Magneto DU4

Pulley gear lock down b IMG_0161 control rod.jpg
Note: If you haven’t seen the YouTube video of the Bosch Magneto Pulley Belt, Engine running, creating/setup documentation, and building the Bosch bracket. ‘ctrl-click’ below:

THIS IS THE END OF MY BOSCH MAGNETO DU4 PULLEY SPROCKET BELT SETUP.
THANKS FOR SUPPORT!!

MY NEXT SERIES WILL BE: Who D.A.T Z Head

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 pm

Sorry the picture didn't show:

See below:
IMG_0109 Ford Timing Order 1.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Additional picture:

see below:
IMG_0107a.jpg
IMG_0107b.jpg
Pulley gear lock down b IMG_0161 control rod.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Final looking at the design of the retard and advance of the Bosch Magneto DU4
Pulley gear lock down b IMG_0161 control rod 64KB.jpg
After reviewing the design above I built the retard/advance control rods out of scraps aluminum, shifter rod linkage cost $15.00, universal cable linkage cost $17.00, used/scrap Honda black window shock mount, and ¼” steel rods.
IMG_0230ab - 40KB.jpg
IMG_0230ab - 40KB.jpg (53.13 KiB) Viewed 15304 times
bracket and linkage 61KB.jpg
bracket and linkage 61KB.jpg (83.83 KiB) Viewed 15304 times
Above is a 360 view of the bracket and the retard/advance control rods.
bosch control rod 80KB.jpg
Note: If you haven’t seen the YouTube video of the Bosch Magneto Pulley Belt, Engine running, creating/setup documentation, building the Bosch bracket, pulley research, modification, & build. ‘ctrl-click’ below:

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564

Post by Mark Gregush » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:49 am

Very nice! I am wondering the reason for the plastic type material that the mag sits on? The only ground would be the advance retard assembly to complete the circuit. Normally the mag would sit on a metal bracket or would be attached directly to the engine. Or are you going to run a wire between the mag and engine to complete the circuit? I would not think the linkage would make a good ground.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 am

Hi Mark
Great question! The reason for the nylon plastic material:
Nylon serves as a replacement for many metals, it offers a noise reduction, and long life. Other qualities of nylon are listed below:

• Toughness, strong and stiff
• Withstands high operating temperatures
• High dimensional stability
• Wear resistant
• Can replace metal bearing or bushing
• Eliminates need for external lubrication.
• Good chemical resistance
• Easy to machine

My main reason for using nylon:
1) I needed additional space between the camshaft gear and the magneto gear to make the standard pulley belt work. The standard 80 teeth belt cost $23.40. A custom belt would cost more because of special setup and machining. I sure the vendor would make such a belt.
2) Nylon (.750 x 5.125 x 10.00) cost $52.86 and the plate is easy for me to machine. My home cutting equipment is limited to Bandsaw, Hacksaw, Sawzall, Drill press, and Air fiber cutting wheel.
3) Yes, steel and aluminum would be a good conduct of electric, but it would be difficult for me to handle.
4) The aluminum bracket I built using a light fixture cost $52.00 and had its limitation of size.

The magneto presented is grounded (kill switch) to itself with an on/off switch.

The bracket also has steel bolt which connect the magneto to the aluminum base and can be used to conduct electricity to ground the magneto.

Note: If you haven’t seen the YouTube video of the Bosch Magneto Pulley Belt, Engine running, creating/setup documentation, building the Bosch bracket, pulley research, modification, & build. ‘ctrl-click’ below:

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:18 pm

20191225_224754528_iOS.jpg
This video about a High-Tension Bosch DU4 Magneto. I'm checking the clearance of the fan, magneto belt and the tensioner setup with the engine running.

1080p Model T Ford w Bosch DU4 Mag & Fan Belt & Tensioner setup

New video: https://youtu.be/syzrX7mwsUs

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 1 .jpg
Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 1 .jpg (64.02 KiB) Viewed 14849 times
Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 2.jpg
Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 2.jpg (91.62 KiB) Viewed 14849 times
Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 3 .jpg
Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 3 .jpg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 14849 times
Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 5 .jpg
Bosch DU4 Magneto Installation page 5 .jpg (67.79 KiB) Viewed 14849 times
Model T Ford W Bosch DU4 Mag Reinstall All T Parts & Test Run One Hour

This video is about High-Tension Bosch DU4 Magneto testing/ running of the engine for an hour. I inventory all my T parts, old/new which needed to be reinstalled/repaired on the car. My 1926 Model T Ford Tudor has an original Cast Iron Piston, Stock Camshaft, Z-Head, Old Faithfull Oiler, S4BF Zenith Carburetor rebuilt by Stan Howe, and ignition with Bosch DU4 Magneto Pulley Belt Setup.

I sat down at my computer and recorded the tasks which will be needed for the hour test run. As the Items were completed, they were checked off my list. See the task list above or in the video.

My objective was checking for oil/antifreeze leaks and fix any problems which might occur during the hour run. After starting the car with the Bosch DU4 magneto in retard mode, the engine magneto was advanced/gas-throttle reset to idle, and later I advanced the magneto and increased the gas throttle to rev up the engine, checking the engine performance. I was amazed how powerful the engine sounded with very little magneto advance and gas throttle. The engine had so-much more Magneto advance and gas throttle left. I had some leaks, most were fixed, also had some minor oil leaks remaining around the crankshaft felt gasket and transmission pedal opening. Everything checked out and the engine sounded healthy and great.

1080p Model T Ford W Bosch DU4 Mag reinstall all T parts & test run one hour

New video: https://youtu.be/brtYuNHfUpw

Address = https://youtu.be/Jl1stIYNqsE

File name= 1080p Model T Ford w Bosch DU4 Mag & Fan Belt & Tensioner setup
Address = https://youtu.be/syzrX7mwsUs

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Custom Design T Shirts

https://www.rushordertees.com/

I found a website that makes up shirts based on your request! It’s a great way to display your car for club meetings and tours. The process appears to be a silk screening. We washed the shirts and they look great. I’m not affiliated with this company. Enjoy!

shirt.jpg

Resent video: https://youtu.be/brtYuNHfUpw

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:17 am

The Book

I have decided to write a book on the process of building a Bosch DU4 Magneto Pulley Belt Setup. I’m amazed with the response I’ve received on the article I posted on the forum (“Who D.A.T. Ignition System”), YouTube (“1080p Model T Ford W”), and thought a more detailed book might be well received. The D.A.T. is code for Dorothy.Art.Taylor.

The book will have more detail on the research, description of the items, lots of pictures, and answers to questions I’ve received as a result of the article published in the Forum. The book will be a step-by-step process of building the pulley belt system. I feel positive that anyone will be able to follow the steps laid out in this book and will be able to build an identical ignition system.

My target for completion of the book is approximately two months, September-October.
Below I have indicated some detail from the pages which will be in the book:
Article on “Why build the Bosch Magneto Setup”, also the pros and cons of each ignition system.

Picture on both pulley sprockets, a more detailed description, and building the spark plug wire bracket from scratch.

These are a few examples of what to expect when you are using the book to build the pulley belt setup.

In addition, the specification and task will cover every step so you can have the same success I had in the building the Bosch ignition setup. This book will save you time and money during the build.

“Why build the Bosch Magneto Setup”? The pros and cons of each ignition system below:

The Bosch DU4 Magneto has major advantage, efficiency, and simplicity over many ignition systems presently used on a Model T Ford
1. Eliminate timers, coils, your time, and money spent adjusting points on this type of setup on the Model T
2. Reduces complicated wiring and Model T mag oil-soaked wires
3. Solving mag problems by pulling the motor and rebuilding the mag coil ring and or charging the Model T mag setup
4. Battery is not needed to start or run the motor
5. Hotter and quicker spark
6. Cleaner spark plugs
7. Eliminates misfiring at low and high speed
8. The motor runs smoothly and efficient at both low and high speeds
9. More power and speed
10. Low throttling of the motor
11. Better gas miles per gallon
12. Burning of gases are more efficient, reducing combustion carbon
13. Cooler engine due to efficiency of motor with less boiling of water in the radiator

The 1910 Bosch Chain Drive setup was not as popular as the Bosch Gear Driven, and the X Brand Cross-Drive setup, for the following reason.
1. Noise of the chain
2. Wear of the chain
3. Whipping of the chain
4. Stretching of the chain
5. Breaking and slipping of the chain
6. Oiling and lubrication of the chain which causing slinging motor oil all over the motor and the car

The 1910 Bosch Gear Drive and the X Brand Cross-Drive setup is unfavorable because of the following:
1. Not an easy setup to maintain because of lubrication and oiling gears
2. Oiling and Lubrication of the gears requiring removing the drive setup or cover. Also, the process of cleanup during this maintenance
3. Removing the radiator during the maintenance
4. Cannot check the conditions of the gear setup without removing gear covers or setup
5. Not easy to maintain or fixing problem until it occurs during operation
6. Finding replacement gears parts due to wear

The Bosch Magneto Modern Belt Drive System has many advantages over the following ignition systems 1910 Bosch Chain, Bosch Gear, X Brand Cross-Drive setups, and the Model T point and coils.
1. Positive slip proof engagement
2. Eliminates lubrication of gears, oil of points, adjustment of coil points
3. Neoprene body protection against grime, grease, and oil and moisture
4. High strength nylon teeth for long life
5. PowerGrip-timing pulley belt is made of fiberglass high strength which can easily and quickly be removed and replaced. The only situation might occur during this repair (such as changing belt) is re-timing the engine because you might be a belt tooth off from the motor correctly timed. The pulley belt is easy to install and resetting the timing if necessary, for operation of the motor.
6. If a problem occurs with the PowerGrip-timing pulley belt, keep an extra replacement belt if needed during the operation of the car
7. Corrosion resistance
8. Excellent abrasion resistance
9. Clean operation
10. Neoprene teeth high strength
11. Long trouble-free service
12. The Bosch DU4 magneto has two spots which must be oil monthly with a tip of a toothpick
13. Keep an extra set of counter-clockwise points for the Bosch DU4 magneto if necessary, for the operation of the motor

28L075.jpg

IMG 1125 Pulley gear lock down d.jpg
14L075.jpg
Brass Bathroom & spark plug wire base2.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:19 am

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479

Post by Henry K. Lee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:29 am

Art,

Just Awesome Work! You put a lot of time in the research, writing, and product, Thank You.

Hank

Susanne
First Name: Susanne
Last Name: Rohner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Late '15 touring, "Angel".
MTFCA Number: 464

Post by Susanne » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:28 am

That is, in a word, incredible! Thank you for the write up on what looks like a really clean way to put a DU-4 on a T... especially on a pre-'19 pre-generator motor... opens up a lot of possibilities.

dmdeaton
First Name: Danny
Last Name: Deaton

Post by dmdeaton » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:44 am

Very Cool, I like it. Get that book finished!!

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:05 pm

The Book "Who D.A.T. Ignition System" is available on Amazon.

order book process.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:57 pm

On Oct 16, 2020 5:24 pm a posting in the Forum discussion:
By Harry Lillo “Options for spark ignition for twin plug heads”

After seeing the posting in the MFTCA forum, I realized that two Bosch DU4 Magnetos can be used for twin spark plugs per cylinder for an OHV or a flathead on a Model T engine. This can be accomplished by using the Bosch DU4 Pulley Belt setup that I created in the book “Who D.A.T. Ignition System”. The gearing keeps the two Bosch DU4 magnetos synchronized for manual timing. Both magnetos will produce the same hot tension spark with no performance lost to the motor. There are many advantages such as low cost of purchasing a Bosch DU4, maintenance, and it is just a clean setup with no down sides. Attached is a photo of how-to setup the ignition system.

IMG_1569 Who D A T  Ignition System shirt 6.jpg

Susanne

Post by Susanne » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:21 pm

Plus it's a lot easier (and cheaper) to find a pair of DU4's than either a dual dizzy or dual spark mag. Great idea!

Having had to change a few timing belts because they failed to sheared "nubbins" on modern iron, I'm curious if adding a second ension idler below the first (left in the photo, right in car direction) mag to get more of a "wrap" on the mag pulley? It looks like it's only engaging a few cogs on the belt, not an awful lot of contact.

Anyway, it's got me thinking for my pre-generator motor... fun stuff!

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:59 am

Susanne

I agree, Bosch DU4 magnetos are easier to find. The one I bought was $155.00 with a hot spark. I chose to send it out for repair.

The question of the PowerGrip timing can be answered in two difference ways.

I would recommend you look at the two movies I created on YouTube.

In this video I would study/look at the setup, speed of motor, pulley belt, tensioner, camshaft, magneto, and final the gearing of ignition setup.

This second video looks at the belt, gearing of the camshaft, magneto, and the tensioner.

My First answer:

The Bosch DU4 Magneto can be turned over with little pressure using two fingers, and the most Model T motors are 22 horsepower running around 1800 RPM. My point is there’s little pressure on the gearing of the pulley belt setup. It is a smooth operation as seen in the first video. Even when you add a more speed or RPM is still a smooths operation. This belt pressure is not driving a turbo or a blower at high rates of speed so the wear of the is belt will be extremely low in the process of running the motor. If you add more horsepower with the two magnetos, dual spark plugs with a high tension spark, OHV/flathead, hot cam, and special piston to a Model T, it still will not rise to a setup of a modern horsepower engine with turbo or blower.

On second video you will see the belt and the gearing of the ignition setup and see how belt and gearing are made to fixed/mate with the pulley belt.

The tensioner can be setup in a different configuration to take-up the slack of the belt plus adds pressure force rate to the belt tension which keep, the belt in place with no whipping, slipping, stretching, or breaking of the belt.

I would not use an idler.

My Second answer:

The Book “Who D.A.T. Ignition System” goes in detail describing the gearing of the magneto, camshaft, belt makeup, difference configuration of the tensioner, tensioner setup, and force rate of the tensioner

Pages 13, 25, 26, and 32 PowerGrip-timing belt makeup, belt tooth, and gearing of the belt.

Pages 28, and 33 different tensioner configurations and layout.

Pages 25, 28, and 33 tension force rates, plus pencil tension tester.

Pages 30, 31, 43, 44, 46, 47, and 48 park description, camshaft sprocket, and magneto gearing.

Who D A T book SM_2034.jpg
Who D A T book SM_2034.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 11670 times

The book is available on Amazon.

Note: If you haven’t seen the YouTube video below: ‘ctrl-click’ on the link address

File name= 1080p Model T Ford W Bosch DU4 Mag reinstall all T parts & test run one hour

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:55 pm

For those who have purchased my book on Amazon, I have updated it with new pages 61 and 62 because the information was confusing and inaccurate. The update below shows how it looks in the book “Who D.A.T. Ignition System”. Also included below are the two pages that you might want to print out and replace for your book.

Who D A T book update 60 61.jpg
Who D A T book update 62 63.jpg
Page 61.jpg
Page 62.jpg

amazon order.jpg

Note: If you have not seen the YouTube video below: ‘ctrl-click’ on the link address

File name= 1080p Model T Ford W Bosch DU4 Mag reinstall all T parts & test run one hour

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:08 pm

For those who have purchased my book, on Amazon, I have built a pulley belt setup with the 1910 Bosch Bracket.
See the photo. Also, you can contact me for additional photos.

IMG_2147.jpg

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm

It would be interesting to see how this fits with the fan and fan belt in place.
Norm

dmdeaton

Post by dmdeaton » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Norman
Pics above in the thread show the finished product with all belts in place. It was using his homemade shelf, but belt placement is about the same

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:42 pm

Danny

Your correct, the 1910 Bosch Bracket setup has the pulley belts alignment in the same location. See the photo.

Art

IMG_2160a.jpg

IMG_2161b.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:28 pm

There’s a very nice review of my book, “Who D.A.T. Ignition System,” in the Vintage Ford Magazine for January/February on page 31 by Mike Vaughn.

Amazon.jpg

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:03 pm

Anyone contemplating this neat magneto setup, I have only one shelf remaining from a small run. It was ordered but never paid for. Tmorsher@icloud.com to make an offer and make it yours.
182CF3CD-FDA5-4B14-9E30-033F994D6D3B.jpeg
97F91371-AFA9-4943-8D95-348B390E3A0E.jpeg

Susanne

Post by Susanne » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Putting my hand up... :D I'll send an email.

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Sold to Sue, thanks!

Darren J Wallace
First Name: Darren
Last Name: Wallace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Canadian Touring 1905 Queen model B
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Darren J Wallace » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:31 am

So this is my stupid question of the day. Why does the title of the thread start with the word “Who”? Sorry to sound stupid. I don’t get it. Cool thread though!
1913 Canadian Touring & 1905 Queen, both cars are 4 generation family owned cars

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:30 pm

I was simply trying to draw attention to a different type of ignition setup for a Model T in titling the book. D.A.T. is an acronym for our names. Thanks for asking.

Darren J Wallace
First Name: Darren
Last Name: Wallace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Canadian Touring 1905 Queen model B
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Darren J Wallace » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 pm

It's a cool setup for sure! You sure spent a lot of time making it right and I applaud your efforts! Your T sounds good in your video! Nice to see a jazzed up period accessory! Well done!
1913 Canadian Touring & 1905 Queen, both cars are 4 generation family owned cars

dmdeaton

Post by dmdeaton » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:39 pm

sportbingo wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:42 pm
Danny

Your correct, the 1910 Bosch Bracket setup has the pulley belts alignment in the same location. See the photo.

Art

IMG_2160a.jpg

IMG_2161b.jpg
Thanks Art. I am going to Ron’s tomorrow and pickup an old camshaft to use for pulley mock-up. I like playing around with this but lower on my list. I need to get 2 cars running first

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:01 pm

I have built two attachments to fit on the original 1910 Bosch Bracket using the material from the light fixture picture in my book. Both attachments are setup to uses the 1910 Bosch pulley belt ignition. One is for a single DU4 magneto and the other is for dual DU4. The dual DU4 bracket can be modify for a single setup. My plan is to us the single DU4 setup on my car when my engine is rebuilt and sell the dual DU4 setup around the first of April after my vacation. Attached are picture of both setups below.
IMG_2164.jpg
IMG_2165.jpg
IMG_2195.jpg
IMG_2239.jpg
IMG_2240.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Attached are more detail pictures of using the material from the light fixture picture in my book. See the single and dual setups below. Both attachments are setup for the
1910 Bosch pulley belt ignition
. Enjoy!

IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_21640a (5).jpg
IMG_21640a (6).jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 pm

Attached is a copy of the review of my book below; “Who D.A.T. Ignition System,” feature in the Vintage Ford Magazine for January/February on page 31 by Mike Vaughn.

Book Review Who D A T Ignition system.jpg

Amazon.jpg

Michael Peternell
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Peternell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT gas truck, T tractor conversions, '15 touring, '17 speedster, '26 16 valve speedster

Post by Michael Peternell » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:28 pm

I truly have enjoyed and appreciated every post in this thread ! Just don't post any pictures of shiny carbs you have! Just saying.
I bought mine from Tim. Cool setup! The DU4 will get your attention if you're not careful!
Thanks for posting this information!
Mike

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sat May 01, 2021 6:36 pm

Michael

Two YouTube demo of a magnetos hot spark below:

Fairbanks Morse Magneto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpyMllc1pcM
Test run of Bosch Magneto.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpyMllc1pcM

I thought a lot about your posting before giving you a reply. The reason I started this thread and wrote my book was because of the performance of my 1926 Tudor. It was running on the battery, magneto, coils, and a timer when it shorted-out when running on MAG. After investigating there was more than one possibility to fix the problem. Note, I like running on Ford Magneto because the motor sounds great and it was smooth in its performance, so it was important for me to find a solution this problem and build a fix. Yes, I also like shiny carburetors and own two Brass Zenith s4bf carburetor and built an attachment to the 1910 Bosch bracket. What is important to me is that the items I put on my car were available and are period correct for the Model T Ford years. I have deviated from the original equipment on the Model T Ford for motor performance, safety for myself and others, and improving quality of item being installed on the car. For example, I built and installed oak floorboards, and created my own upholstery, installed Colorado Disc Brakes on the rear of the car. During my search, I read a book “1910 Bosch Magneto for Ford cars.” It opened my eyes for a fix for my car, but the Bosch setups have their own problems, gears built in 1910 that wear out, noise, require lubrication, whipping, stretching chain, throwing oil, dirt, mud, breaking chain, and it was not safe. The thing I remember learning from the automobile class in high school was how important to have a good compression, good gas flow, and a hot spark. Two of the items, gas flow, cylinder compression was ok on my car. The third would require me pulling the engine and fixing the magneto which I did not want to do because the best fix would require me sending it to a professional to rebuild the magneto and the engine. That is when I decided to do my homework for a fix using a Bosch DU4 Magneto. The 1910 Bosch Magneto book talks about eliminating timer, coils, mag wire soaked in oil, and battery not needed to start or run the motor. You also get a hotter and quicker spark, cleaner spark plugs, eliminates misfiring at low and high speeds, motor runs smoothly and efficient at both low and high speeds, more power and speed, low throttling of motor, cooler running engine, and better gas mileage. I found all these things to be true after building my Bosch DU4 Magneto pulley belt setup. I thought about manufacturing a pulley belt setup but realized that I was too old at 78 to complete this project during my lifetime, so I decided to write a book “Who D.A.T. Ignition System” to explain the process.

Someone who bought my book on Amazon gave my book a rating of five points out of five and it was good to see that the information was well received with the book. Thank You! I do not have a list of buyers of my books, but I do know it was sold in the US and Canada. It would be interested to hear from the book buyers’ comments in the MTFCA forum or be the first to write a review in Amazon.

Art

Amazon.jpg

dmdeaton

Post by dmdeaton » Sat May 01, 2021 9:23 pm

I bought your book and a shelf from Tim. This is on my project list. I plan to mock it up when I get some time.

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sun May 09, 2021 6:23 pm

To: Danny, & other builders

Special offer to anyone to help you anytime to build the Bosch Pulley Belt Ignition System. For example, additional pictures, detail measurements, answer specific question/concerns which you are having during the build.

Six tasks to building the Bosch DU4 Magneto Pulley Belt Ignition System
  • 1. Purchase and rebuild the Bosch DU4 Magneto
      • a. Setup timing rotation counterclockwise
      • b. Biggest expense in the build (purchase and sending it to professional to be rebuilt)
  • 2. Purchase of the books on building the setup.
    • a. Bosch Magneto for Ford cars (justification for building the Bosch Pulley Belt Ignition System (read it online))
    • b. Who D.A.T Ignition System (for reference and discussing building process of the six tasks)
  • 3. Purchase a Bosch Magneto bracket
    • a. Build your own special bracket.
    • b. Original Bosch Magneto Bracket
    • c. After-market Bosch Magneto Bracket
    • d. All the brackets require modification and setup for the following:
      • i. Purchase Timing Belt length of 80 teeth
      • ii. Placement of Bosch DU4 Magneto
      • iii. Building the control timing rod
      • iv. Purchase and modification/mounting the Tensioner Base and Wheel
  • 4. Purchase a Bosch Magneto gear
    • a. The modification of this sprocket following:
      • i. Mill the front extended inside to accept the Bosch DU4 setup key.
        • Require special milling setup for tapper Bosch key.
      • ii. Drill the back of the sprocket to accept the bolt nut.
        • Based on the size of the nut and room for the socket sizes.
  • 5. Purchase a Timing Gear
      • a. Purchase stainless- round tube 304 welds.
        • Might require inside the tube sanding to fit the Ford camshaft.
        • 250 fine sandpaper can be accomplished on a standard drill press.
      • b. After task (a) accomplished cut the front face of the gear which extends the main gear using Saw All.
        • Careful not to damage the main gear during the cutting of material.
      • c. Finally require milling by you or have it machined by professional.
        • Can be accomplished using a precise and heavy-duty good drill press.
        • 1. My small drill press was not precise.
        • 2. Buy new drill, reamer, and tap as needed to accomplish the tasks.
        • 3. Buying spacer rod and set screws.
        • 4. Cutting the 304 round tube to fix the gear and glue it before drilling timing gear hole.
        • 6. Finally drilling the Ford camshaft to accept the spacer rod.

Note: Contact me through MTFCA forum and I will send you my phone number and email address. I am willing and available to help you on any tasks listed above during the build process.

Art Taylor

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:16 pm

For those who have purchased my book on Amazon, I have corrected spelling errors on pages 30 and 31. Also, the update below shows how it looks in the book “Who D.A.T. Ignition System”. Included below are the new pages 108 thru 114 that you might want to print out and add to your book. The pages show the building of the 1910 Bosch bracket attachment to support the pulley belt setup and another way to connect the drive pulley sprocket camshaft gear.

Bosch 30.jpg
Bosch 31.jpg
Bosch 108.jpg
Bosch 109.jpg
Bosch 110.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:21 pm

more pages:
Bosch 111.jpg
Bosch 112.jpg
Bosch 113.jpg
Bosch 114.jpg
The Books is on Amazon.
Amazon.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Model T Ford Engine Parts Board

After building my Bosch Pulley Belt setup and writing the book “Who D.A.T. Ignition System,” I noticed that there were four problems which needed to be addressed. First, the compression on my engine was low in the number 4 cylinder of my engine block because of a leak in the bolt thread which required installing a Heli coil. Second, after driving my car with the new ignition setup, I noticed my clutch was slipping, requiring new discs to be installed. Third, while fixing the two items above I noticed the valve and guides were oversized and not seating, requiring new valve seats and guides to be installed. Fourth, my cast iron pistons need replacing and cylinders honed. As a result, the repair requires removal of all parts before sending the engine block to machine shop. Because of the number of parts, storage, and order/organization of parts. I decided to build a display storage board to keep the parts orderly and ready to reinstall after the engine has been rebuilt. It would also be necessary that the board be mobile so it can move around the garage.

Also, it is important to keep all items on the board, including bolts and washers. Each part would have a picture incased in protective sheets and ¼” bungee cord used to tie down the items. All the parts would have enough separation so no part will have interference with another part. An addition to the main board will be an overflow parts attachment board for extra items. Also, wheels will be added to board and a sloping brace to the other side for a display.

I had a ¼” Plywood and extra wood to use for the storage board. After measuring the items and printing out pictures of the part. I placed each part on the board. Based on this design, I built the board. See the attached photos.

I plan to make video of the removal and rebuilding of the engine.

IMG_2842.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2850a.jpg
IMG_2852.jpg
IMG_2855.jpg

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:02 pm

I keep all my parts together too ... it's called a bushel basket! :roll:
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Model T Ford Engine Parts Board Update

The engine parts display board is ready to accept parts. I have added the ¼” bungee cords to hold the parts down if one decided to move the storage display board around. Also added hinge hand holder to each side of the overflow parts attachment board for easy removal. In addition, I built a transmission storage holder with wheels to keep It from being damage and clean while the engine is being rebuilt.

Display & Trans transfer IMG_2923.jpg

Topic author
sportbingo

Post by sportbingo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:00 pm

During the process of removing the parts from my engine. I’m taking the time to take photo of the parts and update them to help in rebuilding my engine. I don’t want to rush the process of the engine removal and rebuild. Attached are some photos which might be helpful in someone building the Bosch Pulley Belt System (Who D.A.T Ignition System).

IMG_3025 a.jpg
Attachments
IMG_3032a.jpg

Kevin Pharis
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Pharis

Post by Kevin Pharis » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:21 pm

Is this space reserved for Model A split valve guides...?🤔
4C88DEAC-25BF-47B5-9CD4-22AD2D1F99CE.png

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic