Most likely our last tour

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Most likely our last tour

Post by TWrenn » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:26 pm

What a gorgeous day today was. 74, bright blue skies, another perfect picnic tour. At least to start. We toured about an hour to one of our favorite local Wineries, shot the breeze for about an hour, then the severe storm watch hit my phone so we decided to head for home which was of course about an hour drive. What a difference 3 hours makes! The pics tell it all. If I can post them "in order"! Stsrted at our Club Pres. house, the storm pic was a mile from my home. I just made it in time.
Attachments
Pushing my luck! The skid Mark's in the mirror are NOT mine!! LOL
Pushing my luck! The skid Mark's in the mirror are NOT mine!! LOL
Where'd this water come from?
Where'd this water come from?
Started out beautiful!
Started out beautiful!

George House
First Name: George
Last Name: House
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘10 Maxwell AA, ‘11Hupp Model 20, Two 1914 Ford runabouts, 19 centerdoor, 25 C Cab,26 roadster
MTFCA Number: 115
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Most likely our last tour

Post by George House » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Hopefully its only your last tour of the season. Beautiful pictures ! Thanks for sharing them. Yep, its fixin to get a mite cooler. Winterize your touring and roadsters then drive the sedan w/o floorboards this winter.🤪
I don’t know why I turned out this way. My parents were decent people 🤪

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:06 pm

It is really getting cold! Today it was only about 68! For the last 3 months it has been between 80 and 105 all day. We finally have the AC off! They even predict rain Sunday and Monday! First rain since May. We usually have tours all year around here. I had to put my pajama top on last night and pull on one blanket! Next thing we might need to close the bedroom window! Do you suppose we are going into another Ice Age? :lol:
Norm

walber
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Berdan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '18 Speedster had 25 touring and 26 coupe
MTFCA Number: 16421

Post by walber » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm

Joys of the midwest. Talked to my brother-in-law in central Kansas - High today was 82 but they project it will be in the low 20's by tomorrow morning. Another Kansas "hold my beer" kind of day. He really likes the small town and the weather and chiggers just give him something to complain about.

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 pm

When I sat down to chow at a quarter after five yesterday the thermometer outside the kitchen window read 84º. When I got up this morning it was 42º and didn't get above 45º all day. Welcome to Kansas. Early spring here can be pretty dramatic too. :)
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Topic author
TWrenn

Post by TWrenn » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:30 am

Thanks George! Ya, hopefully just the last tour of the season. My heart did stop for a moment on the trip over to the winery, as this stupid idiot in a big silver Ram truck decided we weren't going fast enough, passed up all of us in a "double" no-passing zone, crammed in between the car ahead of me and the lead car. Then, just as they were in the bottom of the hilly no passing zone, he elects to PASS the lead car with NO ability to see if anyone was coming the other way! @%$#@!!! Stupid Friking idiot. It could have been the last tour ever for our lead guy and his passenger. I've had this happen to me a dozen times or more this season. Worst ever.

Anyway...re the temps, yep Steve, same here...78 yesterday, 42 right now. Nothing like good ol' Northern Ohio weather.
Norm....we actually are entering an ice age, along with all this drought. I think it was the venerable Marv Konrad recently sent me an excellent email about this scientists FACTS supporting this, over centuries, and explaining how the weather is in several 172 year cycles, and guess what, we're entering, or already in (can't remember now) year 172!! This really put it into perspective, and made sense. And left the politics out of it.

Tlman
Last Name: Pearson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Roadster / Speedster Project
MTFCA Number: 26764
MTFCI Number: 23787

Post by Tlman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:17 am

Hey Tim,
Enjoyed this post, and it kinda warmed me up a little in western Canada where we are snow covered and frozen. Brought back memories for me as 2 years ago I had a wonderful visit with Mike at his home.
Tim

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:39 am

I worked on putting on a top on a 20 touring yesterday. It was warm enough to use a short sleeve shirt, but last night put on another blanket and shut the window! Cooling down.
Norm

TFan
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Riedy
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 25079
MTFCI Number: 18732
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by TFan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:41 pm

Tim, Did you get slammed by the storm? I got into town before I got a few sprinkles on the windshield and that was it. Everything else went around us and later pretty much the same scenario when the second wave came through. It was a fun little tour Champ and I really enjoyed it. Our thanks to you and President Mike. Jim
Back road kinda guy stuck on the freeway of life.

Topic author
TWrenn

Post by TWrenn » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:26 am

Yeh, I just made it. Few sprinkles on the windshield at Patten Tract, thundered just as I got to the barn. Few minutes later it rained for 5 minutes, then sun, then rain again, more sun. Coupla hours later a garden-variety storm hit with about 40 mph wind for about 5 minutes and horizontal rain. Not a bad storm really. Sounds like the islands got it worse. I agree, a nice day that day. And you're welcome. Love setting up even a little simple tour.

RustyFords
First Name: Don
Last Name: Allen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50001

Post by RustyFords » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:24 pm

I was at the Conroe Swap Meet on Friday when the front blew in. There must’ve been some microbursts because the winds seemed to be well in excess of 50mph.

It destroyed a bunch of the portable tents and sent sheet metal parts flying. I and several other guys had to use all our strength to hold down one of the food vendor’s tent. It was wild.
1924 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic